Turbo issue limp mode fix Mr muscle?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Francis0990
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Turbo issue limp mode fix Mr muscle?

Post by Francis0990 »

So having a problem with my van at the moment when It is given heavy acceleration it will go into limp mode after it hits just over 2k revs usually when going into 2nd I noticed can get through the gears if I take it easy though.

From doing a bit of research It seems as the veins may be sticking so I am going to give the old Mr muscle oven cleaner a go as a £3 fix sounds damn good to me right now instead of a new turbo. I have seen a few videos on various vag cars but not the caddy so has anyone here tried it?

Had a quick look tonight and the turbo seems awkward enough to get at along with removing the exhaust I couldn't even see what holds them on regarding bolts and how many there was so any direction appreciated!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Turbo issue limp mode fix Mr muscle?

Post by Doc »

Which engine have you got?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Francis0990
100BHP+

Post by Francis0990 »

It's 1.9tdi 105
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Which one?
BJB or BLS?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Francis0990
100BHP+

Post by Francis0990 »

Sorry bls
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Downpipe mounts to the turbo with a V-band clamp.
Most likely won't go back on so worth having a spare to hand along with a gasket. Easier to get to from under but by removing a few parts around the intake you should be able to get at it.

Francis0990
100BHP+

Post by Francis0990 »

Ah right ok cheers for that doc. do the v clamps come in various different sizes? If so what size is required?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I've no idea of size, I'd only ever order against my registration from VW so I'm sure they supply the correct size.
Maybe your chosen supplier has a way to look up the size of compatibility if they sell a selection.