Other sites on Facebook

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
philandthegang
Caddy2k Groupie

Other sites on Facebook

Post by philandthegang »

Hi I asked about wheels for sale and had a msg from a member of vw caddy owners club.... I then forwarded half the money to a account and realised I'd been duped.... anyone else come across a jack humphrey?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Other sites on Facebook

Post by Doc »

Sorry to hear of your dealings with a dishonest forum member. If be interested to know the username of anyone who might have been involved.

Interesting that you received a message when you've not even got full forum access. Can you forward the message to me so I can work out how said forum member has circumnavigated the forum private messaging restrictions.
Screenshot sent via email are good for me.
You have my email address from your registration and activation emails.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Giddy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by Giddy »

Guessing this all happened on Facebook, not on this forum :roll:
Caddy 4, Highline, 1.4 TSI
Instagram: @giddywagen
Build thread >>> here <<<
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I hope so.
If it happened on this forum I'd be very keen to find out who's involved.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
philandthegang
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by philandthegang »

Sorry...yes it was on Facebook forums.... I just wanted to make it aware of a despicable human for any others not to fall victim

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Have you reported it to police?

Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Report it to your bank, their fraud cover may compensate you.
Needless to say never do transfers to people on Facebook, PayPal is your best bet but again don't do it by friends and family.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
philandthegang
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by philandthegang »

I will be reporting to police as I have since found new info and his real name..... I am speaking to fraud section of bank in morning...hope to find out some good from this...feel very stupid as I'd never been had before

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Fair play.
When you can I say expose the guy.
If he's been operating under a false name, make sure other Facebook users are aware that account is a hoax.

Harvey11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Harvey11 »

Scoobysrt wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:22 am Report it to your bank, their fraud cover may compensate you.
Needless to say never do transfers to people on Facebook, PayPal is your best bet but again don't do it by friends and family.
I’ve found most sellers won’t accept that as a payment method. Too scared of disputes probably but that does leave the buyer with all the risk.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Too scared of the 3% charge more like, if they won't take PayPal and insist on bank transfer alarm bells should be ringing imho.

Each to their own though, I don't use facebook, I made an account in its early days when the world's weirdness started coming out the closet and decided I'm better off without it so I don't know what's 'normal' over there.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
Harvey11
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Harvey11 »

Agrees mate, it’s why I w bought very little privately so far. Each time I have said I’d cover the 3% but on the whole they’re not interested. I get that they’re worried about false claims but me being worried about receiving incorrect or damaged goods with nowhere to go has left with not much bought..
I also get that they don’t know me but to be fair, I don’t know them either..
DucatiTodd
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DucatiTodd »

I have seen that name loads recently on the forums on FB, he isn't just targeting the caddy owners. He was reported on the Audi S5 Owners buy and sell this week. Only suggestions I can give is to use Paypal or pass on the sale. Too many people out there to make easy money off honest people.

if you are going to try and get it back from the bank you'll need to play it on thick that he conned you, try and say things like I don't often do online transactions, I wasn't aware I could be duped.

I used to be a manager of a High Street bank and unless you were old or had difficulties then the bank would not support you, they tend to take the stance that you sent your money so its your problem, I always use a credit card online as its their money you are spending.

if you need any help dealing with the bank let me know.

Todd