Grey Caddy - Off to a poor start

Show off your caddy
seaniow
Caddy2k Groupie

Grey Caddy - Off to a poor start

Post by seaniow »

Collected my new Caddy on Sunday :D Made it less than 75 miles, on the M25 when.... you've guessed it, shuddering, warning lights and loss of power :(

Luckily I was at a section where there was a hard shoulder/emergency lane to head for. AA called who sent a local recovery service to move it due to the dangerous location. Got taken to the nearest services. Whilst I was waiting for recovery there were a couple of close passes by fast moving lorries, I wasn't entirely sure if I minded if it ended being punted down the road. Made it to the services.

Got unloaded next to an AA van working on another car. Plugged in and injector 4 open circuit. Waited for another AA man who changed the injector, coded it and checked for leaks, good to go. Left the services and there was a slight smell of diesel but I thought this might just have been from taking the pipes off. Turns out the return/leakoff pipe wasn't properly clipped in diesel was leaking over the engine :roll: Hopefully it can only get better from here. Lots of plans for the van but it comes with a 3 month warranty so I'm might hold of anything major until that's run out just in case.
DW2207
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Grey Caddy - Off to a poor start

Post by DW2207 »

This is the trouble with these bloody injectors when they go it's normally in the worst possible place. Feel your pain, mine went a little further on by the m11. Sowed the seed pretty much there and then I was going down the tfsi conversion route.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

seaniow
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by seaniow »

I'm just glad there was a hard shoulder to head for, if it had been a few miles before it would have been on the smart motorway section with nowhere to go.

I'll thy and put it behind me and get on with enjoying the van, I'll have to keep at as I've started collecting parts for the upgrades, I was on my way to pick up these when it broke down.

I live on the Isle of Wight so as I was on the mainland with a van it seemed the ideal opportunity for pick up some new seats. I need to repair the bolsters but shouldn't be too tricky, it's the usual foam failure inside.
Pasty_83
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Pasty_83 »

Glad you got it all sorted. Could've been a whole lot worse. Hopefully happy caddy moving forward

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk