My ex British Gas conversion

Show off your caddy
BlackEdition
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: My ex British Gas conversion

Post by BlackEdition »

excellent thanks for your reply i was just about to order the part from online
part no 2K0 802 277 just incase anybody needs it but like you say this is only for caddy crewvan rear seats not touran

Thank you and good luck with the van
2017 caddy black edition
2016 caddy startline
2011 british gas blue maxi
seem to have a caddy problem and its all i seem to work on
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by robblowen »

@Afterthesend the part number is 2K0 802 277 I'll pm you any pics I can find of the seatbelt layout.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@BlackEdition cheers man. It's a 110 ah battery.i can check dimensions when I get 5. That is the correct bracket/plate part number to weld in for the caddy life/kombi rear seats. Touran seats will need the touran bracket.

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Afterthesend just realised you haven't got access to pms yet. If you either let me know your email or get your post count up and ask for permission then I'll fire you across the pics I've got.

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Not updated this properly lately. First job was rear brake upgrade. Fitted larger caliper carriers so I could uprate from 256mm discs to 288mm, fitted new Brembo discs and pads. Really simple swap, now I need to see if 312mm disc will fit on the fronts!

Second job was a cab divider curtain from vanstyle, another simple mod that should make a big difference when I'm sleeping in the van!

Also fitted some molle seat organisers to help keep the van tidy with all my bits of admin!

Finally made a start on the new furniture for the back as well, kitchen unit for the offside and slide out bed on the near side. Hopefully make some more progress over the next couple of weeks!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

Was passed on to your build thread for the awning rail is it a caddy specific rail because it looks a nice neat finish 👌 The rest of your build gives me more options on what I can do I like the position of the aux battery as that can be an awkward space to fill and it leaves under the front seat free for something else I was also interested in the front headlight bulbs am I right in thinking they are still halogen H4 but gives out a light like LEDs
It's a stunning build though 👌
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

@Handyandy Cheers man, I'm glad its given you some food for thought. Placing the aux battery above the off side wheel arch definitely works best for me, it means I've still got 2 rear foot wells and full load space in the back, when I need it. I've tried a few different bulbs now from Halogen with a blue tint, Philips GT200 and various LEDs. I like to temperature of the LEDs better but the beam pattern is never as clear, you have to put up with a bulb out error (although the ones I've had fitted for a while don't show any error once I've turned the lights and main beam on, then turn them off again) But one has just blown, they aren't as reliable as halogen from my experience, so I'm going back to the GT200s, just waiting for them to arrive. Other option would be some Xenons but I can't justify the cost, or Touran headlights are brighter as they are twins, I've got my eye out for a set at the right price. I ordered this awning rail:

https://www.roadloisirs.com/en-GB/multi ... S11202.htm

I also ordered some Sikaflex 252i from the same place. I think with postage it was around £50 all in. You just have to trim it down as it comes in a 3m length. I cut it to about a 45 degree angle at the front then around 60 degree at the back just to look a bit smoother. It cuts easily with a junior hacksaw or dremmel then a quick rub down with some fine sand/wet&dry paper gives it a good finish. I gave the hole van a wash before fitting then gave the gutter an extra good clean out and degrease, before using a thin strip of wet&dry to rough up the surface in the gutter and the underside of the rail, cleaned and degreased it again. Then ran a good bead of Sikaflex along the channel, pressed the rail down into it and laid some weights on top and put a ratchet strap around the roof through the front doors overnight to ensure it bonded properly. I did a dry fit before and worked out where i could put straps and weights to match the curve of the roof line.

Hope you get yours sorted.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

A little bit more progress on the rear furniture, I've got the pull out bed top cut and the drawer finished. Need more hours in a day!!!ImageImage

Handyandy
Hyper Poster

Post by Handyandy »

Cheers mate that might be just what I'm looking for 👍
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
i_mac_69
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by i_mac_69 »

How do you fancy a holiday in Western Australia, don't forget your tool kit :D 8)
love your work by the way :D :D
Last edited by Giddy on Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: combined two posts in one
TheGrinch
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by TheGrinch »

sick build. very similar to what I want for a bed. I want a Van Furniture L- Box with the slide out style bed but man its so expensive here in Europe. You inspired me to just DIY it myself as finally dry enough to do some bouldering/climbing here myself. subscribed for updates :mrgreen:
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

I've been quiet on here for a while and the van hasn't had much love due to a busy/shit year and a half. It's finally getting some attention again and I can carry on where I left off. First task was a spare wheel carrier since upgrading to 16s and all terrain tyres the spare won't fit under the van. I ordered a rear door mounted carrier from a company called Xplore Campers down in Somerset. It was reasonably priced, arrived really quickly and looks the mut's! It was really easy to attach and came with everything needed other than a drill!Image

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Last edited by robblowen on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Also made a trip up the road to SRS Auto to have a mooch through their Touran interior bits. I came away with a really good condition dash, armrest with working ratchet and a pair of door cards complete with a 2 door electric window switch. The only thing I need to source now are a new rear vent for the armrest and a new stereo/heater control surround in the correct configuration.Image

robblowen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by robblowen »

Managed to get the old armrest stripped and the new one in, minus the rear vent this afternoon before work. Really happy with it, makes a big difference to how the van feels, wish I'd done it sooner.ImageImageImageImage

stu_b
Hyper Poster

Post by stu_b »

I think I speak for everyone, gonna need to see some more pics of that spare wheel carrier
good solution ;)