Where to find a Spec label/sticker?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Qdybek
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Where to find a Spec label/sticker?

Post by Qdybek »

Hi guys I have a question. When I’ve bought my Caddy there was no service book so don’t have this sticker with for example gearbox and engine codes.
Do you know where (if) there may be in my van a second label with those codes? In passenger cars this usually is in a boot next to a spare wheel but as you all know spare wheel in Caddy is underneath the car.

I am wandering also if there is any website that I can type my VIN number and I will be able to check part number for everything in my van? There is website for BMW cars as long I know (realoem.com) but I can’t find for VW/VAG…
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Where to find a Spec label/sticker?

Post by Doc »

If you drop the cover for your cabin fuse box and look up at the horizontal panel revealed below, there should be a label on there with all the details of your van as it left the factory.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Qdybek
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Qdybek »

Cheers Doc. Unfortunately there is no label. Is there any website where I can check my van spec and parts numbers using my VIN number or do I have to ask VW to send me a copy of my van spec?
Cheers.
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

There used to be a VIN checker for VW but I can't find it at the moment. I'll do some digging as I'm sure I posted on a forum where it was. The other option is to contact a VW parts dept as I believe they can do it, whether they're willing to is another matter!

*edit Info on another forum suggests calling VW customer services and they will give you the info for free but that was back in 2018.

I've never used this one but there are a few VIN decoders online. Some look dodgy and Russian so I'd be careful randomly using these but not sure how you could protect yourself. https://vinspy.eu/vw-vin-decoder/