Picture Please

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
AirCon
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Picture Please

Post by AirCon »

Does anyone here have a 2009 Caddy Sportline.

I'm 99% sure it used to have a cover over the engine to keep noise down and look pretty.

Unfortunately I took our local dealer up on a CAM belt and Water pump service offer.... circa £500.
Not only did they break/stretched two cables going to sensors on the exhaust they also lost / stole the top cover.
Cost me the same again to repair elsewhere.

In any event I've either imagined that it had a cover or its gone.

Please can someone confirm with a picture of their gleaming engine bay?

Many thanks
Aircon
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Picture Please

Post by dan@biali »

I'm reasonably confident no Caddy has ever come from factory with a cover, they are all retrofitted by the owners. Thats not to say yours didn't have one but its going to be tricky to prove unless you've got photographic evidence (which I assume you haven't as guessing you would have checked those already!).
AirCon
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by AirCon »

This is why I cannot trust my memory, we've had quite a few VW's including R32 (still have) and GTi, so I may be confused.
I really need a sportline owner to confirm.
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Picture Please

Post by C Chis »

Post up a picture of your engine. If you had a factory fitted cover then there will be the ball mounts down on the front right hand side when you’re looking from the front.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

You might find 2 of the 4 ball head bolts installed even from factory but still no factory engine cover - I don't believe any Caddy in the UK had one, might be different in europe but can't find any reference to covers on the parts database.
EvilC
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by EvilC »

I’m looking at a sportline tomorrow morning and will be looking at the engine bay for sure. I’ll let you know if it has a cover. I can’t remember whether my old one had one. I think it did as I thought something was missing when I opened the bonnet on what replaced my sportline, which was a 2014 2.0TDi 140bhp, so basically the same van just not called a sportline.