VCDS - is it worth buying?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: VCDS - is it worth buying?

Post by DW2207 »

Me personally I'd buy the vcds. It will come in handy when you most want it, plus you can always sell it on when no longer required. These sell very well on ebay. I was unaware of vcds so bought obdeleven Pro several years ago and very happy with it as you cam keep the donglebin your van/car and link it to your iPhone/android phone.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

EvilC
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by EvilC »

I bought an ODB11 for a reversing camera installation and it was super simple and saved me paying for someone to code it. I’ll definitely use it again. In fact I did a code read on a new van just to be sure that all was well. I was relieved that all was in order. It wasn’t the case on my old transporter….
VAGdiagnose
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by VAGdiagnose »

Certainly if you are an enthusiast with a VAG car and have friends with such a car
Maattttyy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Maattttyy »

I have both. VCDS is probably the better platform but OBD11 works as well. If you’re a going to be doing a lot of coding just go for VCDS and save the hassle. OBD11 is great but I’m still a little skepticial when it comes to the manual editing of codes and adaptions that aren’t via the apps ( the descriptions aren’t verified and are just pulled from members, they want to sell the apps so it isn’t in their interest to make the manual coding easier. )
On the plus OBD11 isn’t Vin based!