Tyre pressures

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Joe swoonara
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Tyre pressures

Post by Joe swoonara »

Dont know of it's been covered before cant really search ......at work so sneaky post
I have 225/40/18s on my maxi recently noticed front tyres are wearing on both outer and inner edge ,have had tracking and balancing check and both are spot on ,so the only other thing if I was running the front pressures too low ,I generally run them at 32psi
What's everyone else running at ??
Anyone else had tyres scrubbing when running larder,wider wheels ??
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Tyre pressures

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Ive had same problem man i was running 235 40 19 and it was rubbing arches im booked in to get arches rolled but have to come down to 225 35 19.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

I'm sure mine are in the 40s, ill check when I've left work, same tyre set up.
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

Well I was wrong, 50psi max for me, 7.5j wheels same tyres.
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Scrubbing of the inside edge of front tyres will be a problem with toe out.
The front wheels want to go in opposite directions, away from each other, leading to the scrubbing you see.
So long as you are not after a high performance track spec steering, get your toe set to neural or even a tiny bit of toe in which will neutralise under dynamic circumstances.

As for pressure, I did a lot of trial an error when I was in my old job driving 1000+ every week.
For me, 29-30PSI front and 36-38PSI rear was the optimal with approximately 75kg in the rear.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

And replace the bushes on the rear of the lower arm - They may look fine, but go soft really fast and are too small for anything entuhusiastic (I replaced with powerflex). My originals were totally stuffed at 65k miles, and that was in a dealer serviced lady driven Touran 2.0 petrol auto - grannymobile.

Under braking, they allow the wheels to heavily toe out, and tow in on acceleration, as well as affecting castor.

If you get the powerflex rears, there is a version with increased castor and antilift that helps steering feel and traction.

There is also camber adjustable units for the front of the lower arm. Having fitted both, my tyres wear dead even and the feel is much improved.
Joe swoonara
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Joe swoonara »

Thankyou all for your replies ,itll give me something to investigate 👍👍
Luckyaos
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Luckyaos »

I'm running a set of 235/35/19 and no idea what pressure they should be set at. Very little load if any in the van, so was thinking 32 psi all round would be okay?!

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk