Starlight blue build

Show off your caddy
EvilC
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Starlight blue build

Post by EvilC »

So I thought it was about time I worked out how to upload an image and start a build thread. Hope fully the link below will work. I’ve just bought a Starlight blue 19 reg Caddy and am starting the process of turning her from her humble(ish) beginnings to a really well sorted, fully optioned, well sound proofed and super comfortable place to be. This is what she has started life as.

EvilC
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Starlight blue build

Post by EvilC »

One very nice upgrade, which will be one of the first, will be installing some Arteon R-line seats from a 2021 car. I found these at a breakers and I am super excited to get them in along with a Touran ratchet armrest and some much needed sound insulation and factory carpets to the front. @Claudiu2s has been amazing and is helping with the coding and will be helping me install some Bi-xenon headlights, reverse camera and powerfold mirrors.

EvilC
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by EvilC »

My van came with roof rails and the cross bars as shown below. I’m not a fan of the look so I’ve taken the bars off and will be removing the rails. If anyone wants them for free I’m based on the Kent / East Sussex border. You’ll just need to come and collect them and they’re yours. I should have the rails off by mid week once the factory bolts to fit the holes arrive at my local dealership. They’re not the factory rails, but are by Omtec I believe.

petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by petrev »

:thumbsup:

Good to see another Starlight Blue
Looking good already :D
Great seats.

Have to keep an eye on this build thread ...
:popcorn:
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

I originally wanted a black one but fell in love with mine as soon as I saw it. Best colour they do i reckon.
Looking forward to your updates.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
EvilC
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by EvilC »

There are so many great builds on here with so much information, including part numbers and where best to source items from, that I’m going to try and do the same as my build progresses. I’ve already started a list of additional items that I want to add, having read through other people’s builds. The volume of information on here is invaluable and can help plan a build so that it not only has all the upgrades you want but also can be undertaken in the most efficient way. I’m hoping not to have to remove too many panels and trims more than once… we’ll see how that plan goes..