SDI EGR Delete

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kDot
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

SDI EGR Delete

Post by kDot »

So yeah the EGR keeps throwing up the flashing coil light,
Had it on a snap on reader cleared the fault twice, straight back on. Don’t want to put a new EGR on I’d rather just blank it and be done with it..

Problem is I can’t find a blanking kit anywhere for it, does anyone know where I could get one?? Or if another kit would fit??
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: SDI EGR Delete

Post by EricsCaddy »

I’m not sure what other kit would fit, but I just cut a piece of plate and slid that in place between the manifold and the egr pipe, then tightened them back up to blank it off.

A full remove and blank would be very difficult because the feed comes from the exhaust manifold and cat combined with a clamped pipe, not bolt fixing like almost every other VW vehicle.
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
kDot
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by kDot »

Did you have to map it out afterwards??
EricsCaddy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by EricsCaddy »

It won’t go into limp mode on the SDI if you don’t but will need mapping to remove the EML off the dash.

I paid £50 for a “performance” remap with egr delete and installed it myself with a cable from eBay. was a noticeable difference with it, the caddy has 68bhp but the same engine in the golf is 75, so remap to 78bhp from 68bhp was good for £50 lol.
2019 Caddy Highline, Heated screen, parking sensors, cruise, auto lights, virtual cockpit dash, custom blue seatbelts, heated GTE seats, GTE MFSW, climatic, rear camera, discover media nav, oem+ led headlights, GTE tartan doorcards, Audison sound system (project: highest spec highline :twisted: )
Peperito
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Peperito »

Your Caddy IS sdi but you need delete It on the fail with a remap.
Daramqp
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Daramqp »

Dont hurry fighting vs EGR, sometimes that is not the case. I had similar simptoms, at first check the wiring from ECU to EGR valve. I also sometimes had long cranking times till engine starts. Error showed diesel temp sensor.
First check the wires from the ECU to the EGR, in my case the wire was damaged, the insulation of the wire was frayed and the wire would break, from vibration to the protective corrugated pipe, I also found at least 4 more wires that would have been broken at the same time, because the insulation was frayed in several places. How to check, you need to choose the cable you need, and measure the resistance of that cable to the ecu and egr, its resistance is 0, or it is significantly different from other cables, the cable is broken somewhere, or damaged. I had this problem for 1.5 years, all the services said that the EGR was bad, now another 4 years have passed since I fixed the cables, no EGR error, everything works until now. As I said before, check the wiring first, because the SDI version is made very cheaply, even considering the wiring solutions.

All broblems since my own wires repairs gone. No random or constant engine erros ligths on dashboard. Engine starts in half of sec. Like a new :D
Wiring from ECU to engine section sensors and etc quite offten issue on SDI models..
Popeye1865
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Popeye1865 »

EricsCaddy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:12 pm It won’t go into limp mode on the SDI if you don’t but will need mapping to remove the EML off the dash.

I paid £50 for a “performance” remap with egr delete and installed it myself with a cable from eBay. was a noticeable difference with it, the caddy has 68bhp but the same engine in the golf is 75, so remap to 78bhp from 68bhp was good for £50 lol.
Where was this map from mate?
2.0 Sdi/ 6 speed conversion / still slow / starting to do the front end upgrade to the V2 Touran
VAGdiagnose
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by VAGdiagnose »

Popeye1865 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:04 am Where was this map from mate?
Please don't buy a map from a unknown source on ebay or anything like that. There really is too much junk out there :lol: