Fitting Touran Door Cards to mk4 caddy doors?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Jdfixter
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Fitting Touran Door Cards to mk4 caddy doors?

Post by Jdfixter »

Hi guys, some of you might be aware that im doing a mk4 front end swap on my 07 caddy. Ive not updated the build thread in a while but check it out and my youtube link if you want to see the progress so far! Ive finally got hold of some decent mk4 doors are there are more differences than I initially hoped.

The door handle and mech is a slightly different design and the holes in the door for the handle and mech are different, which means i cant use my old door latch mech, handle mech and handle and have to use the caddy mk4 parts. these have a different electrical connector on them so im currently going over wiring diagrams and will be repining the new connector into the old loom. the cable that links the interior door handle to the lock mech is also different, meaning at the minute i need to use caddy mk4 door cards until ive found a way to connect the old cable to the new (possibly cutting both in half and maybe welding the old and new together)

Now my main question is has anyone else done this before and found a way to still run the touran door cards? as all of the mounting points and clips are different from one to the other, ive got a very nice custom touran interior and ideally i want to keep this and not have to swap everything over to mk4, dash, doors, center console etc etc, as i much prefer the touran design.

any help on any of the above is appreciated!

Thanks
Jdfixter
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Fitting Touran Door Cards to mk4 caddy doors?

Post by Jdfixter »

Pics for attention

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Jdfixter
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Fitting Touran Door Cards to mk4 caddy doors?

Post by Jdfixter »

Update! figured out the loom for the door latch, all wired up, loom taped back up and working perfectly!

Also worked out the door card and cable for the door release can probably be fitted easier than I thought, i lost the light so couldnt do much more today but im just going to drill 6 new 8mm holes in the door for the pop pins on the door card to sit in, one of the bolt holes that bolt the handle to the door lines up and hopefully that will be strong enough without needing the other one, and ill put 2 little nut inserts in the lower bit of the door for the bottom 2 screwsImageImageImage

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk