TFSI Swap

Show off your caddy
Stvxrt
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

TFSI Swap

Post by Stvxrt »

Managed to borrow an engine hoist from a friend. Got the caddy’s new engine removed from the eos today and the caddy is almost ready for the engine to be fitted, just to fit the donor fuel lines and tidy my air suspension lines first
Stvxrt
Caddy Fan

Re: TFSI Swap

Post by Stvxrt »

Got the new engine into the caddy today and all the hoses line up perfectly. Also swapped the eos radiator, intercooler and fans into the caddy front panel and it’s all bolted up as it would be from factory. Got one boost pipe to fit then can build up the front end again. Next will be cleaning the fuel tank, swapping the fuel pump and refitting. hopefully all the fuel lines I have will line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simon_B
100BHP+

Post by Simon_B »

Very nice mate.
Mk4 Highline 2.0 TDI.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

If you have a look in Docs engine conversion thread on page 10, he has listed the part numbers for the correct petrol fuel tank and pipes. If you fit the right ones you won’t have any issues with fitment and it will be as per factory.

https://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=135

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
the_fid
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the_fid »

Good to see it being done properly with time and care

Last edited by Lister79 on Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed
James
ASBO Performance
400BHP 1.9TDi Caddy
Stvxrt
Caddy Fan

Post by Stvxrt »

Lister79 wrote:If you have a look in Docs engine conversion thread on page 10, he has listed the part numbers for the correct petrol fuel tank and pipes. If you fit the right ones you won’t have any issues with fitment and it will be as per factory.

https://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... &start=135

This was my initial plan but the tanks are on back order at the moment with TPS, im going to see what I can do with the original tank. I am aiming for an oem looking installation although I’ve done the evap system delete on the engine so don’t need to worry about a breather line coming from the tank

Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

TFSI Swap

Post by Lister79 »

It isn’t about how it looks, it’s about how it actually is. The only way to achieve OEM standard is to use the correct tank (which are different in many ways). Personally I’d wait, it usually only takes a few week.
If something is worth doing, it’s worth doing right.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
Stvxrt
Caddy Fan

Post by Stvxrt »

Been working on the van again today, forgot to take any pics.

Gear cables are adjusted and it goes into all the gears super smooth now, really easy to do I just followed a YouTube video. I’ve reused the caddy gear cables, just changed the ends for the eos ones and criss crossed them as the two cables are the opposite way round on the 6 speed box.

I’ve made up the hybrid caddy/Eos fuel pump, quite straight forward but it is fiddly. This was just a case of removing the wires and feed line from the bottom half of the eos and caddy pumps, putting the top half of the caddy pump onto the bottom half of the eos pump and plugging all the wires back in again and refitting the feed line with a hose clip.

I’ve emptied the fuel tank of all the diesel and wiped out the inside, I’ve got the fuel tank sitting roughly in place so I could see how all the lines and the fuel filter would sit but I’m not all that happy with it. Yes it would definitely work but nothing lines up 100% and I don’t want to have issues down the line. Going to give TPS a call tomorrow to see if they can tell me when the petrol tanks will be available again. Failing that I’ll see if they have the petrol fuel lines in stock.

DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

I got my petrol fuel tank and lines from LLL parts, took about 2 weeks to arrive. They also sell the correct fuel sticker for the flap door too.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Stvxrt
Caddy Fan

Post by Stvxrt »

Shit photos but here’s how I’ve ended up doing the fuel lines, a couple of clips still to fit and a bracket for the fuel filter but I’m happy now how everything lines up. Ive used caddy 4 petrol lines from the engine bay and kept the diesel tank. No breather line as I’ve done an evap delete on the engine

Terrytibbs
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Terrytibbs »

That looks really good this is what I would like to have done
*did*
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by *did* »

Any updates on this?
MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by MWMRacing »

Just about to embark on the exact same swap- just picked up an eos and have a LWB im popping it into- so keen to see if you had any more progress since last year as well.
2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI
Stvxrt
Caddy Fan

Post by Stvxrt »

Sorry guys forgot to update this thread.

Here everything’s buttoned up in the engine bay. Just waiting for Andy from Overboost to come up to Scotland to wire it all up for me
Attachments
IMG_0531.jpeg
Stvxrt
Caddy Fan

Post by Stvxrt »

Starting off this post with a massive thanks to Andy from Overboost engineers in Leeds. Traveled up to north east Scotland to wire my caddy for me. Smashed out the job in only 2 days and his work is absolutely flawless. Looks totally oem.
Attachments
IMG_0532.jpeg
IMG_0533.jpeg