What "Donor vehicles" are compatable for which Mods

Show off your caddy
Br3tt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

What "Donor vehicles" are compatable for which Mods

Post by Br3tt »

Hi all. I am really new here and finding it difficult to sew the invaluable content together here.

I have read that the following vehicles are compatible donors:

VW Sciroco (Front Seats)
VW Touran (Centre Console with arm rest)

Would it make sense to start a thread like this or is there an existing one?

Thanks
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: What "Donor vehicles" are compatable for which Mods

Post by dan@biali »

There isn't one specific thread but the info is spread throughout the forum.

Simple answer to the compatability question is (even though its not this simple!) depending on the year of Caddy and the donor vehicle;

Most Caddy parts from the original 2003 MK1 (2K) up to the last version that looked similar which is the MK4 2019 (I think was last year) although the newer ones have component protection on things like the headunits and this can be a pain to get around.

Latest MK5 from 2020 is completely different and currently I don't believe there's anything backwards compatible.

Touran from the front seats forward including the bonnet, wings, front bumper, headlights, interior including the door cards (but not the actual doors) and not the most recent generation from 2015.

Any VAG car seats from about 2004 (MK5 Golf onwards) so Golfs, Tourans, Passats, Seat Leon, Skoda Fabia, Audi A3 etc etc but not the bigger stuff like Touaregs or maybe Tiguans (can't remember if they do or not) and require minimal mods to bolt in.

Any VAG wheels with 5x112 bolt pattern and the right offset which is very important as the wrong one can prevent the sliding doors opening. Just remember that the car wheels might not be load rated high enough for the Caddy which isn't an issue unless you plan on carrying its full payload a lot.

Beyond that, anything else you see on here is probably modified or adapted from other models or cars.

Feel free to ask if there's something you've seen like seats or wheels and we can usually help pretty quickly (don't expect miracles but most questions get answered!) and by all means have a look through peoples build threads as a lot of information can be found in them.
Br3tt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: What "Donor vehicles" are compatable for which Mods

Post by Br3tt »

Hi thanks for the info exactly whats needed.
Yes, as mentioned, I did see that there is a lot that's spread throughout, so hopefully this thread can pull those together.

Absolutely also agree that the models would also be relevant so hopefully any additions mention those, as you did. I suppose it would also help, if its already been posted, a link in here to the forum posting should also be good.
Cheers again
Last edited by Br3tt on Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.