Covid caddy project

Show off your caddy
Simon_B
100BHP+

Re: Covid caddy project

Post by Simon_B »

Red + non colour coded bumpers/mirrors work really well.

Great effort mate
Mk4 Highline 2.0 TDI.
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

Thanks.

Definitely needs the black bits to break it up

Took the van for it's first weekend away since my wife and I used it for our honeymoon

As you can see the GPS took us off the beaten track.

Even at such a silly height it went everywhere we needed to go

Van was washed before the trip and promptly after returning home to remove the dirt and salt.
Though it will need a wheels off wash this week to really sort it
How many is too many Volkswagens?
Raph71
Caddy Fan

Post by Raph71 »

I really like the transformation of your Caddy.
I also subscribed to your YT channel.
Disgusted for your accident but if everything is back to normal, that's the main thing!
A few questions about your mods:
Do the hood struts need to be changed? And their small ball-shaped supports too? If so, I'll take the references if you have!
And concerning the dashboard, I suppose you changed the connections between the air vents and the central blower? Installation is easy?
Last thing on my mind: would you have the reference of the small legs which are used to fix the wings on the spars? I saw them on the forum but I don't remember where! Looks like it's on your thread, right? Or on your channel?
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Raph71 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:47 pm I really like the transformation of your Caddy.
I also subscribed to your YT channel.
Disgusted for your accident but if everything is back to normal, that's the main thing!
Thank you, I did see and reply to your comment on one of the videos.
Raph71 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:47 pm Do the hood struts need to be changed? And their small ball-shaped supports too? If so, I'll take the references if you have!
The mounting ‘ball socket’ for the bonnet strut are part of the mk4 bonnet hinge, and part of the upper chassis ‘outrigger’ that gets welded to the vehicle to update to the mk4 front end.
You can however re-use your old bonnet strut as they have the same length of throw.
Raph71 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:47 pm And concerning the dashboard, I suppose you changed the connections between the air vents and the central blower? Installation is easy?
Depending if you're reffering to the Audi dash vents in the mk3 dash as per your YouTube comment or my mk4 dash conversion?
The audi vents require a 3d printed adaptor while the mk4 dash the upper outlet from the heater box should be changed to the mk4 style. I have been unable to source that part as it is only sold with the heater box complete. I currently have a gap in my ducting resulting in a leak of air behind the dash.
Raph71 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:47 pm
Last thing on my mind: would you have the reference of the small legs which are used to fix the wings on the spars? I saw them on the forum but I don't remember where! Looks like it's on your thread, right? Or on your channel?
Unfortunately the end pieces are not available on their own and must be purchased as a larger part.
I will look my invoices up to get you the part numbers I used.
Raph71
Caddy Fan

Post by Raph71 »

fishynos72 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:10 pm Thank you, I did see and reply to your comment on one of the videos.

The mounting ‘ball socket’ for the bonnet strut are part of the mk4 bonnet hinge, and part of the upper chassis ‘outrigger’ that gets welded to the vehicle to update to the mk4 front end.
You can however re-use your old bonnet strut as they have the same length of throw.

Depending if you're reffering to the Audi dash vents in the mk3 dash as per your YouTube comment or my mk4 dash conversion?
The audi vents require a 3d printed adaptor while the mk4 dash the upper outlet from the heater box should be changed to the mk4 style. I have been unable to source that part as it is only sold with the heater box complete. I currently have a gap in my ducting resulting in a leak of air behind the dash.

Unfortunately the end pieces are not available on their own and must be purchased as a larger part.
I will look my invoices up to get you the part numbers I used.
Thank you very much for this detailed answer!!
For the hood damper attachment pins, I now know what to expect and this allows me to better target my list of necessary parts.
Regarding the dashboard vents, my question on your video was related to the Audi events but here it was indeed about the Mk4 vents. We are in fact in the same situation as when we go from a Caddy 3 dashboard to that of the Touran, we must find the 2 side retaining brackets for fixing the dashboard and for heating the parts which range from central heating to vents.
on the other hand, for the parts between the wings and the body, I found this: 1T0809471
it's going to be okay, right?
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Raph71 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:43 pm Thank you very much for this detailed answer!!

on the other hand, for the parts between the wings and the body, I found this: 1T0809471
it's going to be okay, right?

That part is correct- you will need 4 of them.

The other piece you need it the end of the upper chassis rail- I'll look the part number up for you tonight. The end cannot be purchased new on it's own.
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Apologies for the delay, from my records you will need the two chassis side members;

2k5 809 146a
and
2k5 809 1455a

the end section you will need to cut off and modify to fit onto your earlier van as per my post earlier in this thread.
fishynos72 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:49 pm The outrigger for the driver's side.

Here's the end piece removed ready to mock up before install

fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Hello All,

Not a lot to report lately. Work has been taking up most of my spare time.

Finally had the chance to hook up the rear parking sensors that were already in the mk4 bumper.

Huge thank you again to Stanthevwcaddyman. His looms are always perfect.

Module number for those will ask

If someone could chime in with who successfully IMMO matched and KM matched an updated cluster in their van located Melbourne, I'd bee grateful. Seems no many locally can be bothered anymore.

Mr Giddy is currently sorting some secret sauce my van, so hopefully I will have an update on that front soon too.

Would love to have another video finished up soon too.
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Hello,

Apologies for the lack of updates lately- Progress has halted on the van while over things go on in my life.

So that plus some work at home has taken up all my spare time these last few months.

Though I do finally have the first nugget of Caddy goodness for 2023 with Few small additions in the MFSW part of the project.

Need to make special mention of @Giddy, his stalks are a lovely piece of kit.

Just a wheel module and I still think a clockspring, I should have everything ready to fit.

Still have issues having my later cluster coded locally. Unfortunately that will continue to hold up progress.

Hopefully have something sorted soon.
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

well that first little project took 9 months of making
CONGRATULATIONS !!
the wheel and storks are a close 2nd lol
MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by MWMRacing »

Cool to see the transformation from the early style front end to later front end- going to check out your youtube channel over the next few nights as well- im surprised there isnt anyone in melbourne who can Immo match the new cluster to the ecu- i always thought that new clusters auto-programmed when first installed- or was it a second hand cluster in the end?
2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

MWMRacing wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:46 am Cool to see the transformation from the early style front end to later front end- going to check out your youtube channel over the next few nights as well- im surprised there isnt anyone in melbourne who can Immo match the new cluster to the ecu- i always thought that new clusters auto-programmed when first installed- or was it a second hand cluster in the end?
Thank you.

You are correct- 2nd hand cluster, don't have new cluster money unfortunately. Still not crazy to do matching wise (used to work for a company who offered the service). Just not much demand for it in Australia.
MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by MWMRacing »

fishynos72 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:58 am Thank you.

You are correct- 2nd hand cluster, don't have new cluster money unfortunately. Still not crazy to do matching wise (used to work for a company who offered the service). Just not much demand for it in Australia.
Thats great to know- as im also an Aussie- so to upgrade the cluster is something i will probably tackle at some stage as well.
2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI
Grzesiek112
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Grzesiek112 »

fishynos72 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:12 pm Image
What is rimms size and model wheel in photo?
It,s standart susspension - no lowered ?
Last edited by Giddy on Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed most of the irrelevant quote
2K 1.9 TDI & 2C 2.0 TDI & 2xSA 2.0 TDI
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Grzesiek112 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:42 am What are the specs of those wheels, and what model were they originally from?
Is it standard suspension and not lowered ?
Hello,
In that photo the vehicle is 110% stock suspension & at standard height.

The wheels are 17" 'Denver' and were stock on MkV GTI Golf in Australia.
SPECS:
5x112
17" in diameter
7/5" wide
ET51 offset,

In that photo they have the stock tyre size for that wheel, 225/45R17.

Hope this helps