Caddy touran conversion.

Show off your caddy
Smithkay1
Caddy2k Groupie

Caddy touran conversion.

Post by Smithkay1 »

Hi!

I've just joined the group, however, Im trying to get my climate control unit working on my VW caddy 2005. I brought the van last month, was told its had all heater matrix etc, however, I can't get the climate control unit to have any power. I have checked all wires, which are providing power..im just wondering if anyone has any advice?

Many thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy touran conversion.

Post by Doc »

Hi, welcome to the forum.
You will have to give us something more to go on for this.
Do you have a part number or photo of the climate control panel?
Do you have some photos of the wiring behind?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Smithkay1
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Smithkay1 »

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, so the climate control panel is 1T2820045B, its from the Touran 03-10 model. I have attached a photo - unfortunately it looks like the wiring has been completely bodged behind, however, ill get some photos of this to attach.

I've used a multimeter and I'm getting power to all three plugs, however just no power to the unit itself. The brown wire on the larger plug to the left was spliced however I removed it around 30 minutes ago to check there was power.

The photos are via this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sS6GNAGwSjVgn6z96.
I apologise I couldn't figure out how to upload the image straight to this post.

Thankyou for all your help.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Ok, so this is a dual zone climatronic panel.

ImageImage
There is no point having power without ground and even worse if they are in the wrong positions on the plug. Alongside that, at least one of the CANbus wires is cut so the panel will not get a "wake up" call when the ignition is turned on.
I'm not in a position to check it right now but there is a wiring table on the forum for these panels. You won't have access with you being a new member but it shouldn't take you long to make the necessary posts to be eligible for access.

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Smithkay1
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Smithkay1 »

That’s great Thankyou for the information. I’ve been chasing my own tail for a few weeks now so any knowledge is great!

Thanks I’ll work on making those posts, and hopefully be able to see it soon.

Thanks again!
Cundyowl
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Cundyowl »

This is a mod i will be undertaking once Christmas is out of the way . Think I have most of the parts required . Interesting to see what you find with it And how they’ve done the retrofit :mrgreen: 😎
Brooksy36
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Brooksy36 »

Just finished doing mine, it’s really not that bad to do. Wiring is fairly straight forward, definitely worth the effort once it’s all fitted and working 👍
Graanddd
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Graanddd »

im currently looking for heated seat switch control unit, and see loads of touran ones, so does the wiring need to be altered to work?