Daily Caddy 1.9tdi

Show off your caddy
DCR_
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Daily Caddy 1.9tdi

Post by DCR_ »

Hello everyone ! My name is Petar and I am from Bulgaria. After 10 years off the forums I found these awesome place where there are posts from 2022 .... I was impressed really and very happy !
I was looking for a good Caddy for the last months and finally found this - 2007, 1.9 tdi 105hp diesel, AC, cruise control, el.windows/mirrors. It came from the Netherlands. There is no rust on the body, suspension is little rusty only.
After the full service was done it was time to start thinking for some modifications - this is how I found the forum :D

Here are the first photos of the car. The fancy carpet was for free :lol: :D For the moment I will keep the shelf as I use for some small bits that I have to carry with me daily.

DCR_
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Daily Caddy 1.9tdi

Post by DCR_ »

The first modification was this lights switch, an hour after the registration and new plates.

Next to my mk1 Caddy :P
DCR_
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Daily Caddy 1.9tdi

Post by DCR_ »

I found this Vw Touran in the local junkyard. They state that the car is 2015.
My plan is to buy the following :

- the complete dashboard including the armrest
- front door cards
- steering wheel + gear knob

My main concern is the climate control. I have read the last few nights here but I am still not sure how to proceed with this, so plan is to
buy everything behind the dash and somehow to do it with common sense :D

I hope I just have to change the air box and power it :P
VanLife wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:12 am I've done this but in a slightly different way.

As part of transplanting everything from a 2008 touran into my 2012 Caddy, I kept the climatronic unit from the Caddy as the Touran had the old manual controls.

As mentioned above you need to swap the heater matrix from behind the dash so its a dash out job. For me the wiring was just plug and play. No need to change any pins or anything. Just plug it in and you're away. The climatronic unit is completely a stand alone unit and only needs power to work. The earlier manual controls had a few more wires but these are redundant once you fit the climatronic unit. Nothing to code either.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk