What did you do to your van today?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: What did you do to your van today?

Post by Bahnstormer »

Used it to collect the next bit of the puzzle. Managed to get a really nice condition dash from a Touran complete with all brackets, ducts, airbag and fixings etc. for the princely sum of £40!

There's a couple of marks on the stereo surround but I'd need a new one anyway as my heater controls are electronic with no mechanical connections.
Gwiz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Gwiz »

Got a nice Xmas present and fitted them last week
led side repeaters that pulse Image

BEFORE Image

AFTER Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Bahnstormer »

Today, I'm sitting inside it while I wait for the AA :lol: . Bloody great hole in the rear tyre, no idea what caused it as there's nothing in it now. Got the AA involved as I'm away from home and the van toolkit is in my garage :oops: . Just hope they can get the spare off as I've heard they can be a bit of a bugger!

EDIT - Finally got home. This is what the AA man found when he removed the wheel. I can't even begin to imagine how that got in there like that.

Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

is the original entry hole just above the P on the tire?? this would make sense. if you drove over a piece of wood with the nail.. entered at the P, went in and then out again where we can see, while tyre was compressed.. absolute nightmare
Daggz68
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Daggz68 »

Been back to where I used to live to collect 2 audi A3 S-line seats, an arm rest, free steering wheel and pick up the new Headunit.
Before the 100 odd mile trip and back I went to pick the van up from the garage.
It went in for possible wheel bearing and clutch switch.

Now...... I before Xmas it had new glow plugs and rear nearside caliper, disc and pads. Why both side weren't done I don't know. This was a different garage

Keep up

Place I had the switch done today said rear nearside caliper siezed and disc and pad shagged.

So.... Went to the original garage and complained. Its going back on the 17th. I'll be asking for their receipt for the parts to see if they even did the work. I'll be going to the small claims Court if they try charging me. I'll kick up so much fuss they'll wish they'd never met me

Sent from my NTH-NX9 using Tapatalk

Rory
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Rory »

Put some new wiper stalks in this evening for cruise control and extra trip button.
Airbag was a bastard to get off!
Just to code them in now prior to the next road trip.

Betsy123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Betsy123 »

Installed an 20,- underrtray from a golf 6 gtd on my caddy. with wintertires it is a world of difference and can recommend it to anyone! Just need 3 m8x20 bolt and 8? Screws with clips. Way more quiet on the highway!
Galby
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Galby »

Replaced the high level rear brake light…
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

The hits just keep on coming. Thought I had a puncture but turns out the tyre beading was shredded by the powder coating company and the tyre is irreparable. £180 for a new tyre but it’ll take 8 days to arrive ImageImageImage

Bluemooner
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bluemooner »

Love that colour !!! ..did the same people do the powder coating and the tyre ....the tyre place I go to pick up on any fault ( not to make more money ) for my safety 😆..I'd be surprised if a tyre company would miss that .. no chance of going back to them
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

The tyres were already on so the powder coating company had to remove them and then refit the tyres after powder coating. I took it to a tyre company as I thought it was a slow puncture and they said whoever put the tyre on had butchered it. Anyway it’s back at the powder coaters so they can “have a look”. I’m not holding my breath so I’ll likely have to swallow this one myself. Funny thing is, I actually researched which company to use and these had the best reviews and I asked them if they were comfortable dealing with low profile tyres (225 30 20’s)
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Unreal, hope you get compensated for it. I had to get all 4 rims refinished last year due to an idiot. They botched my rims putting on new tires, and its all they do is tires. He had it well hidden behind grease lubricant, and I didn't see it until a few days later when I was washing the van. I could have done with some lubricant because I definitely got shafted.
DeanWhit
Hyper Poster

Post by DeanWhit »

I’ve just spoken to the guy and he thinks it was caused by driving the van on a flat tyre, I just laughed down the phone. I’m not saying doing that wouldn’t cause similar damage but the wheels were expensive and he powder coated them recently so driving about with a flat tyre that would easily damage the wheel I’ve just poured money into just seems like clutching at straws. Either way I can’t prove anything so I’ll pick the wheel up and get it sorted.
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

I doubt driving on a flat would cause the damage we saw on that tyre, in that way.. I mean it could. But it looks suspiciously like damage done by misuse of the pneumatic tool used to break the bead off the rim. it's plain as day. Now the hard thing to know is whether it was the powder coaters, or the tyre place you took it to when you noticed the slow puncture. Proper annoying either way 😡
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Ricksy1121 »

So you drove on a flat enough to damage the tyre but not the rim, not buying it at all. Biggest pet peeve is professionals doing a shit job when you pay professional money for the work. I’m Livid for you 😂
Caddy 1.2tsi 2018 - fiat 126 bis 1991- bond bug 1971