MK3 06 Caddy 1.9 TDI Build Thread

Show off your caddy
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

MK3 06 Caddy 1.9 TDI Build Thread

Post by JackHale14 »

Finally got around to starting a build thread. Other than mechanics that needed sorting since ownership of the van I've not done too much thus far. I have insulated/sound deadened the van, re cut all panelling and 4 way stretch carpeted. I have fitted the Touran bases for some MK7 GTE seats to bolt on. I have also changed the heating control dials. I will try and upload some pics later on today.

I have purchased the ratchet armrest and in the process of buying many touran donor parts (the usual door cards, carpets & wing mirrors). I do have plans for a full front end conversions, sick of the tea light headlamps :lol:
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: MK3 06 Caddy 1.9 TDI Build Thread

Post by JackHale14 »

JackHale14 wrote:Finally got around to starting a build thread. Other than mechanics that needed sorting since ownership of the van I've not done too much thus far. I have insulated/sound deadened the van, re cut all panelling and 4 way stretch carpeted. I have fitted the Touran bases for some MK7 GTE seats to bolt on. I have also changed the heating control dials. I will try and upload some pics later on today.

I have purchased the ratchet armrest and in the process of buying many touran donor parts (the usual door cards, carpets & wing mirrors). I do have plans for a full front end conversions, sick of the tea light headlamps :lol:
Making some headway at uploading pics. Not much done as mechanically everything keeps giving up on the van. Spent more on repairs than it’s currently worth to PX🫠. Lowering kit has arrived alone with arm rest, touran carpets, dashboard and a new bulkhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Before

After. Makes a difference to seat adjustment. Wasn’t expecting it to be all that noticeable, but very happy with it.
Last edited by JackHale14 on Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Will get some pictures of the carpeted rear this evening. New rail and rail cover has arrived :D Putting a rail cover on is one of the first ‘mods’ I wanted to do. Looks so unfinished without one.
snuffegull
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Those bulkheads are such a nice improvement, i want to get one aswell!
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

snuffegull wrote:Those bulkheads are such a nice improvement, i want to get one aswell!
@snuffegull they are! Certainly pricey but needing a bulkhead for vans purpose it was a no brainer. Haven’t seen these often so jumped at the chance when I got in contact with a supplier