MK3 06 Caddy 1.9 TDI Build Thread

Show off your caddy
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

MK3 06 Caddy 1.9 TDI Build Thread

Post by JackHale14 »

Finally got around to starting a build thread. Other than mechanics that needed sorting since ownership of the van I've not done too much thus far. I have insulated/sound deadened the van, re cut all panelling and 4 way stretch carpeted. I have fitted the Touran bases for some MK7 GTE seats to bolt on. I have also changed the heating control dials. I will try and upload some pics later on today.

I have purchased the ratchet armrest and in the process of buying many touran donor parts (the usual door cards, carpets & wing mirrors). I do have plans for a full front end conversions, sick of the tea light headlamps :lol:
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: MK3 06 Caddy 1.9 TDI Build Thread

Post by JackHale14 »

JackHale14 wrote:Finally got around to starting a build thread. Other than mechanics that needed sorting since ownership of the van I've not done too much thus far. I have insulated/sound deadened the van, re cut all panelling and 4 way stretch carpeted. I have fitted the Touran bases for some MK7 GTE seats to bolt on. I have also changed the heating control dials. I will try and upload some pics later on today.

I have purchased the ratchet armrest and in the process of buying many touran donor parts (the usual door cards, carpets & wing mirrors). I do have plans for a full front end conversions, sick of the tea light headlamps :lol:
Making some headway at uploading pics. Not much done as mechanically everything keeps giving up on the van. Spent more on repairs than it’s currently worth to PX🫠. Lowering kit has arrived alone with arm rest, touran carpets, dashboard and a new bulkhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Before

After. Makes a difference to seat adjustment. Wasn’t expecting it to be all that noticeable, but very happy with it.
Last edited by JackHale14 on Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Will get some pictures of the carpeted rear this evening. New rail and rail cover has arrived :D Putting a rail cover on is one of the first ‘mods’ I wanted to do. Looks so unfinished without one.
snuffegull
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

Those bulkheads are such a nice improvement, i want to get one aswell!
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

snuffegull wrote:Those bulkheads are such a nice improvement, i want to get one aswell!
@snuffegull they are! Certainly pricey but needing a bulkhead for vans purpose it was a no brainer. Haven’t seen these often so jumped at the chance when I got in contact with a supplier
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Dash, Front Carpets, Centre Console and Tweeters fitted. Going to do the door sound proofing/insulating along with the new speakers tomorrow Image

Topher L
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Topher L »

I feel your pain with the mechanical issues I had a good chunk of cash set aside to do fun thing when i bought my van, then spent a year fixing a constant list of woes.

But looks like you're making good progress now! Have you done a full touran dash swap?
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Topher L wrote:I feel your pain with the mechanical issues I had a good chunk of cash set aside to do fun thing when i bought my van, then spent a year fixing a constant list of woes.

But looks like you're making good progress now! Have you done a full touran dash swap?
I have done the full touran swap. Next on the list is touran rear compartment carpets for an under seat sub, along with a double DIN car play unit.
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Next port of call with touran parts are door cards. I’ll upload a pic later but looking for a matching set of door cards if they exist.

I have a 2007 anthracite touran dash, the plastic trim is sort of a carbon/mesh look. I’m aware the door cards mainly have a silver trim. Do ones with the pattern exist? Or can you source them to “clip on”
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Hopefully the quality is ok. This is the finish on the dashboard that I’m looking to find on the door cards should they exist. Can only seem to find black and silver.
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Finally found some alloys. Need a refurb. Fitted last night. 19” Cadiz alloys from a golf r. Image
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Took great delight in fitting the centre caps which arrived yesterday this morning. Makes the alloys look 100% nicer and the van feels 1 step closer to completion; not ImageImage
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

Door cards also arrived today. Managed to find a fairly good matching pair to go with my installer dash.

I did remember seeing a post about the 2 switch panel part number but can’t seem to find it. Does anybody happen to know what it is so I can get that ordered?Image

A long shot again, but has anyone re upholstered the arm rest fabric? Any tips on how to tackle that if possible would be brilliant.
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

After gathering parts since what feels like forever, finally had some time for work to be done on the van.

Lowered (inc drop links & new top mounts), door cards, new rail/cover, a GTI wheel and some wind deflectors. Hoping to get the spoiler affixed over the weekend before starting the saving up process (againImage)for the 3.2 v6 donor car. Image