My Plans

Show off your caddy
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

My Plans

Post by Marzyvw »

Hi
My plans for my caddy are to make it a good reliable work van for my business.
I have already fitted mk4 golf Recaro front seats. It has a mk4 golf flat bottom steering wheel fitted but the air bag light is on. Was fitted by previous owner. Who also liked to do an eml light delete and steering wheel warning light delete. This was done by braking the leds clean off the instrument clusters board. Nob LOL
I have since bought second hand Touran mid line clocks to fit I have manged to get the security codes of the clusters using cheap ebay tool vag commander 5.5.
But this version dose not seem to let me copy the immo data across think I need Vag commander 3.6 full version to do this. I would have been able to do this with Odis when I used to worked at Audi. I do have access to Vcds.
I have also sourced second had Touran stalks with cruise that I am going to fit.
MushyBees
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: My Plans

Post by MushyBees »

Warning light delete. 😅

Keen to see how you get on with this...!
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Snapping LEDS off the board……brutal but effective!
Sounds like you know what you’re doing anyway. I’m sure it’ll turn into a smart van.
Got any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marzyvw »

Latest mod to the caddy was rcd310 stereo and front nudge bar. The nudge bar was an easy fit just removed the two front bumper quarter light trims, to reveal the two bottom bumper iron bolts which the brackets for the nudge bar attach too.
With the stereo upgrade I had the dreaded battery drain. He have done the jumper wire trick in the fuse board for now. I have been looking into replacing the can module.
Not sure if these pics have uploaded as it my 1st attempt. I'm using google to host my photos.
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marzyvw »

The next thing I am going to do this weekend is tray swap over my clocks ad stalks over that I have acquired. If I mange to get a can module I will fit that too. The CAN module I plan to use is 1K0907530L or wit a later end letter prefix.
I manged to get a copy of vag commader 3.6 full. but it dose not seem to work with any of my obd cables. Thinking I might have to spend more time with it. Or might need to get a 3.6 cable. But I was going to try the swap using vcds and the SK codes that I have manged to extract using vag commander 5.5. It there's a few conflicting sources of info. Some saying that you need to copy the immo file from old clocks and copy to replacement, Where some sources I have seen just seem to have both sk codes and are able to doing the swap just using vcds. Going to try just using codes and vcds this weekend will report my findings.
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marzyvw »

I managed to get a can gateway with the prefix of S at the end, I will post how i get on this weekend if all goes well.
I haven't looked at the location of the gateway in the van yet but i believe it to be in the dash somewhere. Will try take some pics of my progress
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marzyvw »

I have managed to code in my new can gateway and got my cruise and cluster upgrade done. Also fixed the he airbag fault by using a MK4 golf air bag connector wired into caddy steering wheel wiring.
I also mapped out the egr.
Since I have enquired a silver 2005 caddy sdi for spares. I managed to get it for £425. But before I moved it I women went down the side of it with her astra so I managed to get £200 out of her for the damage to the passengers side.
The caddy that i bought for spares had wind deflectors. Electric windows
Audi s line seats, and a touran front bumper, centre light with map lights and microphone for hands free. 18 inch multi fit alloys Image
It's also lowered.
Last edited by Marzyvw on Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marzyvw »

I have also since fitted a bull bar to the front end. Was easily fitted, just removed the trims where the fogs would go. Take out the two bottom bumper iron bolts fit the brackets to the bumper iron using the original bolts. Then fitted the bull bar between the brackets.
My plan is to paint the touran bumper that I have enquired on my van for spares. I managed to find these cheap if anyone needs them. Touran fog lamp trims from web site called underground parts https://www.undergroundparts.co.uk/
The next thing I have been doing to the caddy is swapping over the electric windows from my spares van.
The door cards are plan caddy ones with electric window switch and electric mirror switch. Found that spares van only has n/s electric mirror fitted so will have to enquire o/s electric mirror.
Marzyvw
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marzyvw »

Fitting the electric windows has seem to go as easy as I thought. I fitted the drivers side only the other day and I can't get it to work. I haven't added any extra wires as my caddy seem to have the live feed already running to pin 18 or 19 I think to the module in the door. I added a 30a fuse to the fuse box under bonnet think it's position 29 I remember correctly.
When I connect it up and tried it I just get a click from the module in the door. And a fault code in vcds saying the door control wiring is wrong.
When checking the functions the switches for the windows are working. But the locking function on the door switch is not working it only working on opening side.
I am needing to look at the wiring on the donor caddy and see if it has been pinned different. Also I will need to fit the passengers side motor and control module. Then test again and try get to the bottom of the of the problem.
Treeman
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Treeman »

Any pics of your caddy with the bull bar on dude
BogSpek
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by BogSpek »

I have the exact same issue. very frustrating