Cig socket wiring

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Carpmaster
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Cig socket wiring

Post by Carpmaster »

Right guys bit confused wanted my cig socket on ignition only so took the fuse out off 47 where it was on the fuse board and ran the new yellow wire from the bottom fuse board now it works ignition only, the problem I have now do I have to swap the wires around on the plug as the cig light is on all the time and just want it come on with side lights ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: Cig socket wiring

Post by Bahnstormer »

Where have you taken the illumination feed from?
Carpmaster
100BHP+

Post by Carpmaster »

Bahnstormer wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:19 pm Where have you taken the illumination feed from?
Think I've messed it up I've took it from the fuse board the yellow wire as I only want ignition only think I needed move the the wire what was in fuse board and put that ignition only
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Bahnstormer »

Yeah I think you've got confused there. The orange/white wire in the three pin plug is the live, the brown is the earth. You've run the yellow to the third pin which is the illumination pin.

Edit - to get it to illuminate with the sidelights, disconnect the yellow wire that you ran from the fuse box. Connect it to an illumination signal - this can be something like the light switch (I can't remember which colour wire off the top of my head, I think it's grey/blue but please check first), the orange wire on the back of an after market head unit or the illumination wire on the back of the ASR switch (again, not sure of the colour).
Carpmaster
100BHP+

Post by Carpmaster »

Bahnstormer wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:34 pm Yeah I think you've got confused there. The orange/white wire in the three pin plug is the live, the brown is the earth. You've run the yellow to the third pin which is the illumination pin.

Edit - to get it to illuminate with the sidelights, disconnect the yellow wire that you ran from the fuse box. Connect it to an illumination signal - this can be something like the light switch (I can't remember which colour wire off the top of my head, I think it's grey/blue but please check first), the orange wire on the back of an after market head unit or the illumination wire on the back of the ASR switch (again, not sure of the colour).
Yeah thanks mate the problem I'm having now getting the connector out off the fuse board any solutions lol
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Bahnstormer »

You'll probably need a de-pinning tool to get it back out. For the time being you could remove the fuse and snip the wire (only do this if there's nothing else running from that wire of course). I fitted a few extra feeds to my fuse box, with pig tails ready to be connected up, but no fuses until I need them, so you should be fine.
Carpmaster
100BHP+

Post by Carpmaster »

Bahnstormer wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:00 pm You'll probably need a de-pinning tool to get it back out. For the time being you could remove the fuse and snip the wire (only do this if there's nothing else running from that wire of course). I fitted a few extra feeds to my fuse box, with pig tails ready to be connected up, but no fuses until I need them, so you should be fine.
I have got some but there a nightmare get out pal lol 😂