New member post! Any biking van inspiration welcome!

Show off your caddy
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

New member post! Any biking van inspiration welcome!

Post by Sdm2k »

Hi all,

I'm completely new to the Caddy world, so learning as I go! Although I have owned Golfs and been into VWs for a long time.

I have an Ex BG 2010 Caddy that I have recently bought as a project. The plan is to use it to carry mountain bikes eventually. So if anyone has any inspiration for biking vans/ interior set ups please post away :)

As soon as I have a proper look around, and found out how to, I will upload some pictures and show what I have done so far.

I have some Scirocco seats, steering wheel and Mk4 lights waiting to go in. Possibly scirocco clocks going in soon too.

Thanks for reading!

Stacey
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: New member post! Any biking van inspiration welcome!

Post by Sdm2k »

Imagedodge hellcat wallpaper

Here's my project :)
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

The first job was to tackle cleaning up the interior and remove the window security parts to reveal the windows. Unsure if I'm going to remove the blue film from the exterior and use them as proper windows or not.
Last edited by Sdm2k on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Interior cleaned several times, ready for some sound proofing and insulation. Can anyone recommend decent insulation and sound proofing? I know lots use recycled bottle plastic? Thanks.
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Also replaced the heating controls. They worked but didn't light up. Couldn't find any information on how to fix this on the internet, so took them apart to find they didn't have bulbs to replace. It was easier to just replace the unit in the end.

Brake light and handbrake button replaced too.. both were missing. Seems a common caddy quirk?

Just little changes for now to get it back looking tidy :)
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Another small change.
Put some newer looking dials on the heater controls.
Futtock42
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Futtock42 »

Sdm2k wrote:Image

Interior cleaned several times, ready for some sound proofing and insulation. Can anyone recommend decent insulation and sound proofing? I know lots use recycled bottle plastic? Thanks.
Nice looking van you got there, I am building a bike maxi at the moment and can't recommend Dodo sound proofing enough. I put there sound proofing sheets down first and then a layer of thermoliner on top. Really easy to do and has made a massive difference to temp and road noise Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Ah thank you! You will have a lot more room in the maxi, jealous :lol: . I'll check out the sound proofing, thanks! I've just been looking at thermo liner too. How much did you use of the liner if you don't mind me asking?
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

I’ve used wall mounted bike clamps for my bikes, easy to fit and fold up out the way when not in use. I can carry 2 enduro bikes plus all the kit with plenty of room. This arrangement keeps the floor clear and allows for easy cleaning of the floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Looks great! That's one option I've not seen before, thanks for in inspiration! Is yours a swb? Sorry, new to caddys. I've seen 2 bikes fit in a swb with the bars turned. Need to try them out in mine.
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Test fit of one of the Audi S3 alloys after fitting a new ABS sensor. The alloys need a refurb and new tyres, otherwise they would be on now to banish the rusty steel wheels :lol:
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Hi, yes, it’s a SWB. And the only need to turn the forks to get them to fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Hi Chris, thanks for that. Will try putting mine in shortly. Still plenty of room with the swb I'm pleasantly surprised.
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Currently trying to figure out the wiring for the Scirocco seats. They're electric and heated. My caddy seats are neither of these so it has been interesting trying to find information. The only wire I can't find out about is the black and green. Think we have figured out all the others! Have got the electric seat adjusters working on a trial run with a battery pack, but not the lumbar support... yet.

If anyone needs advice on what wires go where on scirocco heated leather seats, please let me know . I'll write up what I know so far if it is needed. I had lots of hassle finding the information, so it would be nice to help someone else!
Sdm2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sdm2k »

Before, during and after pictures from the latest change to the caddy,

One of the original tail lights was cracked, it had let in water and rusted the inside of it. Finally got around to fitting the Mk4 lights, all repined and ready for coding. I am a total novice so it was interesting, but very easy if you have the right tools. Happy with how it looks now!