Ply line flooring

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Ply line flooring

Post by hatton014 »

Hi, I’m currently carpeting the back of the caddy but before I put the ply floor down I’m unsure what’s best? Screw into the van floor or put stick battons down and screw the ply to the wooden battons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Ply line flooring

Post by Doc »

I secured my floor with the original lashing points, saved making holes in the body and just a case of adding longer M6 screws.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
hatton014
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by hatton014 »

Any pics @doc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Forgive the filth, I've been doing some renovations around the house.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Evanlhall
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Evanlhall »

Screwing to the van floor isn’t ideal as it’ll slowly rust over time where the screws go through. I’ve seen people using longer bolts into the existing tie down holes. Battens is a good options but you’ll likely loose some head height as it’ll lift the floor up slightly. If you choose this option use a good quality adhesive such as CT1 or soudal fixall 👍🏼.