Retrofitting ac into my caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Gozzy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Retrofitting ac into my caddy

Post by Gozzy »

Hi,

I've got a 2006 Caddy SDI and I've just fitted touran electric doors, heater box with air con and new dash.

I need some help with the wiring because only the fan is working. I think the plug that goes into the climate control needs repinning to get power to the temperature adjustment flap.

My old heater box had a cable mech to adjust the heat but the new one has a motor.

Any ideas where to start? :?: :idea: :lol:
Caddy 2006 SDI BST, HNN gearbox
Touran dashboard, electric windows, rear seat conversion, fully sound deadend and carpeted.
Resprayed urano grey outside my house using rattle cans, a pop up tent and a fishing bivvy.
Paintwork looks great in the rain :lol:
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Re: Retrofitting ac into my caddy

Post by FishermansFriend »

You should have a read through this post, there is a handy table showing the pin out of the T20 black plug for the 3 types.

https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... t&start=15

The wiring diagrams for the Climatic and the Climatronic AC can be got on Erwin for a small fee. https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

Thanks for the reply.
I'm waiting for my account to be upgraded so I can't view that thread yet.

I've bought an online manual with some wiring diagrams but they don't make much sense to me haha
Touran dashboard, electric windows, rear seat conversion, fully sound deadend and carpeted.
Resprayed urano grey outside my house using rattle cans, a pop up tent and a fishing bivvy.
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

I've actually already bought a manual that seems to have a load of wiring diagrams.

There doesn't seem to be any pictures of the pins though.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

The manual doesnt sound like a lot of use, I would check out the wiring diagrams for Climatic or Climatronic AC on Erwin, has all the info you need.
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

So I've downloaded some info from Erwin which gives a bit more info but the colours of the wires don't match.

From what I can work out the only plug i will need to change is the T20 which comes from the main wiring loom and can bus?
The other 2 plugs are for the fan control and then the 16pin plug is what's connected to the heater box assembly.

The only thing that currently works is the fan, no lights to the buttons and neither air recirculation flap or the heater temp flap work. It does seem that it should be just a case of re-pinning the T20 plug?

The original cable that came with the climate control unit has 8 wires whereas the one in my caddy only has 7. I think this is because I didn't have air con or because the new climate control has a heated window button?

This is what I found in the manual but mine doesn't have buttons for heated seats.

20-pin connector, T20c in current flow diagram
3 - Air recirculation flap control motor - V113-
6 - Air recirculation flap control motor - V113-
8 - Rear window
11 - Heated driver seat control unit - J131-
15 - Heated front passenger seat control unit - J132-
16 - Terminal 75, seat heating (optional)
18 - Terminal 30
19 - Terminal 15
20 - Terminal 31

I have picture of the plugs but there doesn't seem to be an option to upload them, is this a restriction on my account?

Thanks
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Maybe the wiring color dont match because its from a Touran?

I am guessing you have the Climatic type AC. The T20 plug you will already have, it needs to be repined/ wired as per this table https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... t&start=15

The wiring for the T5 plug and the T16 is all shown on the wiring diagrams for Climatic J301 that you should have downloaded from Eirwin.

The T16 controls the temperature/ recirculation flaps. You will see that on the wiring diagrams for Climatic J301 from Erwin.

The pinouts from the manual do not seem to be correct, it looks like it is for the Basic heather box and not for Climatic J301.
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

Yes I think it is from a Touran, feel like I'm getting closer.

I requested more access to the forum a few days ago but I still can't access the thread you mentioned which seems to be what I need. Do you know how long it takes?

Thanks for your replies, do you know anyone based around Cheshire that is any good with wiring?
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I am not sure how long it will take, normally days to a week or maybe longer, depending on how busy the Admins are.

I do not know anyone around Cheshire. I think you have done the hard part already which is the install, the wiring is straight forward, just study the wiring diagrams for a while.
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

Ok no worries, thanks.

These wiring diagrams fry my tiny brain :lol:
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Hi,

Have a watch at these videos from Ross-Tech on how to read VW wiring diagrams. They’re pretty good.

https://youtu.be/jKnTjuSmwaE

https://youtu.be/bMn0i-yHhSA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

That's great, thanks for that.
Gozzy
100BHP+

Post by Gozzy »

Those tutorials were really good and I've got a better understanding now :D

Still struggling with wire colours though, can someone please copy the pin diagrams from the thread mentioned above as I still can't access it?

My original climate control is 2K0819047C
The new one is 1K0820047FT

Thanks
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Post by C Chis »

Hi buddy,

Good to see you want to get this completed, however as a rule we’re not keen to copy info from the tech section as it kinda goes against the forum ethos to contribute before getting access. This policy helps make the forum grow and access to the members only technical section once you’ve fulfilled the criteria that have met the minimum contribution criteria even better. Your upgrade will most likely come through in a few days or so.

The upgrade process is a manual one and carried out by a limited number of people who are fitting it in between other stuff. As mentioned above, this is normally done on the weekend after submitting but sometimes takes a little longer.

Hang on in there, it’s coming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

I dont believe posting info from the Technical/ How To parts of the form on to the chat page is allowed. Gaining access to this info comes part in parcel when you join up and have full access.