Faulty door speaker

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Galby
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Faulty door speaker

Post by Galby »

Hi folks, got a 2013 Caddy and the passenger door speaker isn’t working, is there anyway to get to it without taking the door card off?
Also any advice on replacement speaker if faulty?
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Faulty door speaker

Post by Lockstock »

you have to remove door card. but it's very easy on these vans. search YouTube. lots of videos.

Vibe do OEM replacement woofers, coax or component speaker sets (depending what you need, and if you have dash tweeters etc.) They are inexpensive. If just the woofers. you can get 2 , OEM Vibe woofers for under £30 quid, 10 quid for adapter rings.. and then just screws together.

If willing to spend 150 on a full upgrade kit, The optisound kit is pretty much plug and play, and is a massive upgrade over stock.
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by Bahnstormer »

It's also worth checking the speaker wiring at the back of the head unit (if you haven't already). My drivers door speaker didn't work, it traced it back to a dodgy pin in the connector block.
Galby
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Galby »

Thanks folks, will have a look at the weekend.
I have the unit pinout so will test from the unit first. Don’t have the tweeters well nothing there (wires) so will just be the door ones.
Will the upgrade help with the sound? The one speaker that’s working is pretty poor tbh.
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Lockstock »

if you don't have dash tweeters, you will benefit massively from the upgrade.

There is a full kit, with a breakout loom, that adds the wiring for the tweeters. It fits inline to the connectors on the back of the Head unit.

It's plug and play. It also comes with a small amount of sound deadening etc. for fitting.

If your headunit works well and happy with it, and plan to keep the van, I highly recommend the Vibe Optisound kit. It's basically the Vibe slick 6C component speakers, with OEM fitment.

Just make sure it is the correct one for your van, and specified to Add dashboard speakers(tweeters), where you DONT have them from factory.

I'm not pushing or associated with Vibe btw. It's just the easiest kit to fit and best price/performance. If you are even slightly handy, and willing to spend more, there are some excellent options from Focal or Hertz which are efficient enough to work with the Factory Head unit and sound great.

If you want to keep it simple and just swap the door speakers (no dash speakers) you can swap them for OEM woofers, or some Coax speakers. it will still be an improvement 👍