The sloth build

Show off your caddy
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

The sloth build

Post by Mrsloth »

So here is my first caddy - I've had a T5 previously but wanted a smaller van so I found this.

The ride height I'm a little undecided about, while this will be used for work I think it still sits a little too high.

My first thoughts are to sound proof and carpet the rear as it's a little too noisy for my liking, as it's been lined again it's a good base to start with I think.

Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: The sloth build

Post by Mrsloth »

I noticed the vents look Audi like, while they look ok they don't meet the pipe inside the dash so I assume most of the blower is ending up in the dash rather than the cabin.

Has anyone else changed to these type?
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

Did all highlines get wired for bluetooth telephone as currently RNS310 which is less than ideal so I want to upgrade to one with bluetooth phone and upgrade to a MFSW.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The A3 8V dash vents you have in your van need an adapter to the rear duct.
I'm sure I've seen these on ebay for £25 or there about.

I believe all highline vans from 2011-2015 had Bluetooth hands free as standard, this is a separate module which is located under the right side front seat, about 75mm below the rubber/carpet.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

What DOC said plus for work I found 60mm lowering springs worked well for me. I’m not a fan of coilovers though
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

Doc wrote:The A3 8V dash vents you have in your van need an adapter to the rear duct.
I'm sure I've seen these on ebay for £25 or there about.

I believe all highline vans from 2011-2015 had Bluetooth hands free as standard, this is a separate module which is located under the right side front seat, about 75mm below the rubber/carpet.
That makes sense, at least there is a solution so I’ll get some ordered.

I’ll look tomorrow but that should make upgrading a little easier Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

Beaker2135 wrote:What DOC said plus for work I found 60mm lowering springs worked well for me. I’m not a fan of coilovers though
I share that sentiment on coilovers so I’ll have a look, is there a preferred option as I can see eibach on eBay that might tempt me.

Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

I had Eibach on mine and they were great. Don’t forget you’ll need an axle flip kit for the rear axle. I think Eibach do a kit I know for sure they do a 45mm kit so can’t see why there wouldn’t be a 60mm one
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

Looks like it does have bluetooth accessed via the wiper stalk.

Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

For some reason I didn’t get the before measurements despite showing me them but it was off the scale before.

Despite this it’s still pulling slightly to the left which is annoying - what would cause this usually?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Front right camber is a bit excessive but not much you can do.
Is it pulling to the left of centering the wheel, if you hold the wheel dead straight does it drive straight but pull the wheel off straight if you release it? I've seen quite a few where the steering angle sensor calibration is out and it self centres the rack to somewhere other than dead straight ahead.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

With wheel straight let go and it steers to the left, it was worse before the alignment.

Last edited by Doc on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Try a steering angle sensor calibration.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Mrsloth
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mrsloth »

I’ll give that a shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sylwiu_3gta
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by sylwiu_3gta »

Mrsloth wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:20 pm Did all highlines get wired for bluetooth telephone as currently RNS310 which is less than ideal so I want to upgrade to one with bluetooth phone and upgrade to a MFSW.
From what I see in the 3rd picture, you have a RNS 510, not RNS 310(from what I know, these models didn't have bluetooth at all)
I have RNS315 from factory, with bluetooth but I have no bluetooth module under the seat, I think it's integrated in the unit.
What Doc said it's valid just for RNS510?
Current built thread: 2013 SWB Caddy 2.0TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=48634
My previous built: 2007 SWB Caddy 1.9TDI
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39945