EGR Delete

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Nwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

EGR Delete

Post by Nwcaddy »

Looking for somewhere to do a hardware and software EGR delete on a 2009 1.9 TDI 104 Maxi.

Does it need remapping at the same time? Or is just a delete possible? Just cautious as it's done over 200k miles so don't want to stress the old girl too much.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: EGR Delete

Post by the swan fiend »

Just be aware that if you do the EGR delete, you may have trouble getting it through your next MOT mate. I think it will have to be coded out and possibly remapped to suit.
When I looked into a DPF and EGR delete, I was told a remap was needed to stop it smoking like the Saturn V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Deang1458
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Deang1458 »

You would need a map to delete the egr out the system. It's worth while getting the van mapped whilst you are there anyway as its normally the same price for an egr delete as it is a map woth an egr delete
jonnyboy82
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by jonnyboy82 »

Do you have any symptoms?
Nwcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Nwcaddy »

Yeah it's got an EML on constantly, goes into limp when being driven hard.

Been pointed towards a turbo issue, so going to investigate that first before going down the EGR delete route!
BenT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by BenT »

If the EML light's on there should be a fault code stored and this might tell you what the problem is, if you're lucky! Sticking turbo vanes have caused this problem for me in the past.
Daggz68
100BHP+

Post by Daggz68 »

BenT wrote:If the EML light's on there should be a fault code stored and this might tell you what the problem is, if you're lucky! Sticking turbo vanes have caused this problem for me in the past.
Possibly what I've got. No fault codes normally, but taking it for a rag on full throttle sends it into limp mode. Then the code of overboost comes up. Sprayed turbo cleaner in today while engine was hot as last time I didn't Duh!
Once I've fixed the wheel bearing I'll take it for a blat and see if it happens again.
Place in Peterborough says remap and egr is £170

Sent from my NTH-NX9 using Tapatalk