Confused around seats

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Confused around seats

Post by Mosa »

Can someone explain what you mean by bases?
I need new seats for my 07 plate. I assume like other seats they are fitted to the floor via 4 nuts (I’m used to Vw transporters) so I understand that concept

The rest is confusing please help me understand thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Confused around seats

Post by Doc »

The seats on the caddy do not fix directly to the floor, there is an intermediate item in there in the form of a metal frame in the shape of a H.
This frame is often referred to as the seat base.

The caddy floor fixing points are the same as the Touran. The Touran seat fixing points are the same dimensions as the other VAG group mid size vehicles, the caddy seat fixings have a different dimension. This means, fitting a 1T Touran base on a caddy floor will allow you to bolt on pretty much any mid size VAG group seat from 2003 onwards.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mosa »

Ah ok. So if I buy a pair of Touran seats with bases is it just a 4 bolt swap out or do I need to remove the frame then just bolt in?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The frame bolts in, then the seat bolts to the frame.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mosa »

Thanks for your help. I’ve secured some seats and see it’s the m10 spline for the seat. Any ideas what I need to remove the bases?
And do you know if it’s difficult to remove the armrest trim & front carpet by any chance
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Confused around seats

Post by the swan fiend »

To remove the bases, I believe it’s a long m10 spline you need. A standard short one won’t reach the head of the bolt.
There is a how to on changing the centre console, you can use this as a guide to remove it. As for the carpet or rubber matting, once the seats, bases and console are out, you’ll need to lift the trim around the inner sills and also the outer part of the footwell, and possibly remove the accelerator pedal too. You’ll see a torx bolt for the pedal and underneath the carpet there is an m10 (I think) bolt to move the bracket it’s mounted on. That’s how I did mine anyway.
I recommend getting some plastic trim tools if you haven’t got them already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mosa »

Thanks your a star ⭐️
aje21
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by aje21 »

Be careful not to try using just an extra-long M10 spline, I ordered mine without realising I needed something shorter for one of the bots to allow the socket drive to be attached. So now I have a set of normal and extra-long splines, but probably needed only the normal ones (will know for sure when it comes time to fit the middle row of seats back in our 2010 Caddy Maxi Life.