Webasto Heater - Water Circuit Question

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Webasto Heater - Water Circuit Question

Post by petrev »

Hi,

Looking to fit a Webasto parking heater to my Caddy.

Anybody any comments on this Parking Heater water circuit and check valve siting.

Is there any reason I shouldn't fit the lower (Aux Heater input flow - upwards in diagram) check valve at a different point in the auxiliary heater water path ?
i.e. at one of the points marked by a small dot .

The check valves should (ideally) be inserted vertically in the flow - physically pointing upwards, hence other points being better for vertical fitting.

Thanks for any ideas
petrev
Hyper Poster

Re: Webasto Heater - Water Circuit Question

Post by petrev »

Nobody with any comment ?
Thoughts ?

:?:
Tigcraft
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tigcraft »

I don’t get what your outcome wants to be regarding heating water? My hate over my caddy is that it’s so cold to warm up in the winter months that I could change for another make!!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Would you consider going full OE on it and getting your hands on a VW parking heater and the associated pipework and valve to suit your engine? Fully programmable through your instrument cluster, you can even add a remote that'll work 1000m away.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

Hi,

Mine is a petrol Caddy so warms up fairly fast.

I want to use for defrosting screen and heating cab for starting journeys, and as a static parking heater when camping.

This version of the circuit suits me best as there is no need to heat the engine when camping so more efficient.

I am using a Webasto VW parking heater and a Webasto set of pipes and check valves - I intend to do a full write up after install.

It is a semi Caddy install using VW mounts and a change of screenwash tank. The official upgrade kit is £500 plus and still needs the ThermoTop Evo and a controller added - and the check valves for my camping option.

My question is just about whether I can fit the input check valve anywhere in the line as some places are much better for fitting vertically than others !!!

Thanks for input
👍
Joe90k
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Joe90k »

Doc wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:04 pm Would you consider going full OE on it and getting your hands on a VW parking heater and the associated pipework and valve to suit your engine? Fully programmable through your instrument cluster, you can even add a remote that'll work 1000m away.
Whats the rough cost on this Doc? I have a Eberspacher Airtronic with easystart remote currently that is very similar I guess except not integrated with the cluster.. love it except when I forget to turn off external airflow on the van blower panel when starting off, it then blows cold air in as soon as you move.. really wish the external air could be left toggled shut all the time!
Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi 102PS in Deep Black Pearl
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

@Joe90k

Just saw somewhere in VCDS/OBD11 there may be an option to remember last position for recirculation flap !
Haven't tried it to check though.
petrev
Hyper Poster

Post by petrev »

@Doc

My install may be as almost OEM as I can get

The VW Webasto is a Thermo Top Evo so only W-Bus no CAN.
Seems to need a separate controller.

My AC system is also a Climatic unit.

It does have a Webasto/Heater button but I am guessing it would need a CanBus version like a Thermo Top V.

Any other thoughts welcome ...
Pete