Centre console & carpet removal

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Centre console & carpet removal

Post by Mosa »

Hi all how do you remove the centre console & front carpet? Especially around the accelerator. With help from Doc I removed some touran seats & bases today but I’m letting the scrap yard remove the centre console and carpet as I was running out of light & patience 🙈🤣
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Centre console & carpet removal

Post by Lockstock »

you need to remove the accelerator pedal.
it has one bolt up front and two clips in the rear that lock onto pegs on the van floor pan. you need to disconnect pedal electrical cable too.

there are videos as a guide on YouTube. you need to insert a flat metal 'tool' to release the clips and let pedal lift off.

if it's carpet, you might not need to remove the centre console as I believe its in two pieces. the rubber mats are one piece so need to remove the centre.
BenT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by BenT »

Most of it's intuitive - but which generation of Caddy? On the MK3, you'll need to remove the small oddments tray from in front of the gear lever to reveal some torx screws, I think (the tray just pulls out). Pull the ashtray right down to reveal two further screws. Pull the gear lever gaiter up and away from the console at the base. There are two plastic "pads" either side of the console in the footwells that just pull off. I think you need to remove the plastic trim from under the steering wheel too - lever off the cover between the dash and the door on the driver's side to reveal a screw. Push the headlight switch in and turn slightly clockwise to withdraw (there's a knack to it!). This reveals another screw. I don't think you need to remove anything passenger side. You'll also need to remove the trim from around the handbrake (two torx screws in the cupholder at the rear then lifts off). It also greatly helps to remove the handbrake itself (3 x 13 mm nuts, plus a random elongated one), then you can manoeuvre the centre console out more easily. Other than that, check for any further screws and pull and tug gently to check for any you've missed. You'll know if you have.
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mosa »

Must be missing something here. Did I need the touran gearstick panel also or should it fit with my caddy one.
Doesn’t look as if the armrest will fit also as no bolt holes for side bolts to go in and doesn’t sit right
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Have you got all the parts shown above?
To secure it to the handbrake turret, you need two T bolts and nuts with integrated washers.

You need the gear surround to suit the Touran dash, the caddy item is different.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Mosa
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mosa »

All sorted now. Cheers all