06 CADDY 1.9. MY FIRST CADDY

Show off your caddy
Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

06 CADDY 1.9. MY FIRST CADDY

Post by Jayfitz15 »

Here is my recently purchased Caddy. Currently in the Military and making the transition to civvie Street. Currently doing my training to become an electrician (I'm sure there will be some raised noses for not doing an apprenticeship ImageImage) so this is going to become my work/family beach day van. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 06 CADDY 1.9. MY FIRST CADDY

Post by Jayfitz15 »

Crazy the amount of modifications that can happen on a Caddy. I've been watching DTE TV on YouTube. Great explanations on everything he does.

I'm starting off with some basic upgrades/ cheap Image, but I think these bits are an easy win for a bit of style inside.

Taken out the old plastic/rubber flooring. The only part that was a little tricky was disconnecting the electrics from the accelerator pedal, ended up having to pry it off with a flat head screw driver.

Come across a little surface rust, got the wire brush on the go. I made sure to go right back until i could see clean metal. Then, I applied some Zinc primer and some white base coat. Doesn't really make a difference with the white, but it would have been playing on my mind, and I would have taken the carpet up again Image forgot to get pictures. ImageImageImageImage

kobat79
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by kobat79 »

Great looking van. Nice to see another non-facelifted mk3.

Those seats look comfy, are they Touran seats? I'm new to Caddys and still learning what's what. I'd like to upgrade the seats in my mk3 sometime soon.

DTE TV is great! Ah yeah.
Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jayfitz15 »

kobat79 wrote:Great looking van. Nice to see another non-facelifted mk3.

Those seats look comfy, are they Touran seats? I'm new to Caddys and still learning what's what. I'd like to upgrade the seats in my mk3 sometime soon.

DTE TV is great! Ah yeah.
Ahh yeah!! Makes everything look easy!

They are Touran seats, was lucky enough to find a caddy with the conversion already done. They just need a good clean.

Trying to keep the external as original as possible, I am a fan of the non-face lift. But going to update the interior, get rid of all the light grey trim.

Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jayfitz15 »

Fresh carpet in. was pretty lucky with these, they still look fresh, no tears. Just waiting for the 'new'(new for the caddy) dark grey trim to turn up ImageImage

Billy.2kcaddy
100BHP+

Post by Billy.2kcaddy »

Carpet definitely makes a massive difference.

Van looks sick!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jayfitz15 »

Billy.2kcaddy wrote:Carpet definitely makes a massive difference.

Van looks sick!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Cheers mate.

It's been the first thing I've wanted to do since getting the van.

Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jayfitz15 »

Excuse the sandy car mats. It has been a busy/wet week at the camp.

Moving on though, picked up some dark grey trim on ebay for £40. Time start getting rid of this light grey trim. There's nothing wrong with it the trim, but I'm trying to get away from the two-tone interior. So I've decided to swap the light for the darkImageImage

Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jayfitz15 »

The bonnet release was easy to remove, just a little black retaining clip holding it on. A couple of little videos on YouTube if anyone needs a better visual on how to do it.

Then a little torx bit holding the trim on around the door, was the only screw holding that in place.

Still the other side to do, but it started raining and I've had enough of getting wet this week, so o called it a day. This only took 15 minutes to do. Nice quick easy job.ImageImageImageImageImage

Jayfitz15
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jayfitz15 »

Pulled up the ply in the back. I wanted to see what state the floor was in before bording and carpeting the back out. Wasn't expecting to see a big steel plate for the rear seat conversion after watching some other rear seats added in on YouTube.

I'm planning on getting the wire wheel on it, getting some zinc primer, and giving it a couple of coats to stop that surface rust.

Good scrub and a steam to shift the grime before putting the ply back in.

Does anyone have any ideas with rear wiper motors? Last week, it was working fine. I tried it out this morning, and nothing is working, not even the jet. The first thing I did was pull the fuse out, but there was nothing wrong there, I'm guessing it needs a new motor, but is there anything else I can try/test before hand. ImageImageImageImage