Heater issues - Actuators?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
GaryB
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Heater issues - Actuators?

Post by GaryB »

Hi, I’ve recently bought a 2010 Caddy which I’m really happy with. One main issue though is that the heater doesn’t work. Fan works on all 1-4 speeds, matirix gets hot, direction adjustments don’t work, only currently coming out of right hand blower and is barely warm. The led light on the recirculation button doesn’t work.

I,ve tried some research and had limited results. Possibly Actuator? How many does a caddy have and what are they each for? How are they accessible?

Any help appreciated as I have it booked in my local mechanic on Thursday but am worried he won’t know what to do.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Heater issues - Actuators?

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.
First up, you need to determine which type of control your heater has, there's a Bowden cable or servo motor control. Does your temperature adjustment dial feel like it's an electronic dial or mechanical?
If you remove your glove compartment, you can have a look at the flap position arm to see whether it is connected with a cable or has a motor attached.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
GaryB
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by GaryB »

Hi Doc, pretty sure it’s manual. Apart from fan speed the hot/cold knob and air directional wheel don’t seem to do anything or make any noise. I’ll try and get a look under dash tomorrow. As I said, the led on the recirculation switch above AC switch doesn’t come on at all.
Revtnr
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Revtnr »

Plug it in and scan for fault codes. If it's electric motor flap it will show any malfunction like on my van.
Justin
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Justin »

Hi mate.
I recently bought a Caddy Maxi ex British gas van.
The hot air works untill I change from saying windscreen blow to footwell blow. The hot air then becomes cold and I have to twist hot air knob backwards and forwards to make the air hot.
If I then turn the knob to windscreen the AC light comes on and recirculation lights up, with air con?

Please help been in two garages already.

Justin