Squeaky Seat

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
foolhardyViper
Caddy2k Groupie

Squeaky Seat

Post by foolhardyViper »

So I have an annoyingly squeaky drivers seat. Thankfully it didnt start on the long drive down to the French Alps, only once I got home. I have had a search and there are a couple of other instances of people mentioning it, but no real resolution.

I have used some Muc-Off Silicon Spray on some of the bolt areas and springs under the seat, as its designed to reduce friction, and it did work, for about two days!

Does anyone have any suggestions on solutions, my next thought is removal of seat (assuming a simple enough task) cleaning and maybe applying a thin silicon film to all contact surfaces to stop the noise?

Cheers
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Squeaky Seat

Post by Doc »

If the lubricant you used has worked but only short term, it would suggest you are applying it to the correct area but maybe a heavier lubricant is required so as not to run out of the joints as quickly.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
foolhardyViper
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Squeaky Seat

Post by foolhardyViper »

Thats a good idea.... I'll revisit and maybe focus on one or two areas at a time, mounting points/springs etc. until I can narrow it down and then will look for longer term solution! Thanks