Imprintx
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: A Good Caddy

Post by Imprintx »

:D That’s good to hear
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

FishermansFriend wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:35 pm Just 2 modifications to the bulbs were needed:

The black plastic bulb base needs a small modification, you have to create a half circle in it so it keys in place like the 25W ones, when you compare the 35W and the 25W you will see what needs to happen. I used an old soldering iron tip to melt the base and form the half circle.

Where the headlight wiring set connects to the bulb base there is a small piece of plastic to be trimmed off so the wiring set connector can fit on to the bulb base.

I have them installed now and they defiantly help improve the field of vision, one thing I didn't do when I lowered the van was adjust the headlight range, I raised them up a bit now and thats helped a lot with the low beam field of vision.
ah great stuff, will get some ordered! thanks for explaining.
PeakyPaul
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by PeakyPaul »

FishermansFriend wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:28 pm Finished off the Caddy Life dash vent trims today, the longer one was a pain, took me 5 attempts. I ended up separating the vents from the face so I could finish the wrap off nicely around the actual vent. Glued it back together with some Tiger Seal and used my old soldering iron to do a bit of plastic welding. The old vents popped out easy with a trim removal tool.
I'm only on page 21 of your 53 page thread but what a terrific van - so much inspiration and everything you've done has been expertly executed!

Quick question if I may. Did the Caddy life dash trim/airvents fit easily to the standard Caddy dash? I'm considering this mod myself but from looking at pictures it seems the caddy life is a different dashboard?

https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 04#p453804
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Post by FishermansFriend »

Thank you Paul. Yes the dash trims fit with the regular dash, you just have to remove the original vents, they just pull out with a bit of force. There are a few plastic tabs on the backside of the life dash trims that need to be removed, you will see which ones when you go to install them.
PeakyPaul
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by PeakyPaul »

Superstar @fishermansfriend

Thanks for that, gives me the confidence to give it a go.

I really love the OEM+ style of your van.
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

Awesome build, looks mega. I don't suppose you know the p/n for the lightswitch you installed? I replaced mine with a silver style one but now its not illuminating & i have a bulb error as the rear fog doesn't work. Be good to know the right one so i can get it swapped out

cheers
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi kryton, thank you.

The switch I have is 3C8941431HXSH. If you want the one without Auto lights then its 3C8941431BXSH.
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

Awesome thanks. Will get one ordered. I dismantled mine & swapped the fronts but still got issues so will order another as contingency
Cheers
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Added Carlinkit to the armrest USB port for wireless android auto/ carplay.

bearing
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by bearing »

I’ve spent the last couple of days reading through your thread and wow, your attention to detail is incredible. I’m not just talking about how meticulous you’ve been in ensuring everything looks OEM but in how you guide other members through the world of modding by listing part numbers, saving people the time of going away and having to search the forum or the internet.

Tight lines!
Last edited by bearing on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearing
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by bearing »

FishermansFriend wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:38 pm I have my VW USB hub working, added an extra USB outlet in the ratchet armrest. I now have 2 Android Auto/ Car Play outlets. Its handy but I keep forgetting my phone now when I put it in the armrest.
Does your head unit not remind you not to forget your mobile as you turn off the ignition? I get a message on screen. :D
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Hi Bearing and thank you for taking the time to go through it. Yes my head unit does give me that message which is handy but sometimes I don't be looking in that direction.
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

With the nice weather yesterday I worked on the van for the 1st time in a while. I finally got the passenger mirror to dip when in reverse gear, it returns to its normal position when I drive off and reach a certain speed. The mirror control knob has to be in the L position for the mirror to dip. The correct mirror motor, wiring, door control modules and coding in the Door Control and Central Electronics modules was all that was needed. I have the passenger and driver mirror up, down, left, right controls working as they should also.
snuffegull
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by snuffegull »

keeps getting better and better! I love this van
FishermansFriend
Hyper Poster

Thanks very much snuffegull. That's some job you are doing on yours, very impressive, making me wanna work in a body shop now :lol: