Crusie controll and Upgraded cluster

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
callan1001
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Crusie controll and Upgraded cluster

Post by callan1001 »

Hey all,

i know this has been covered many times but im finding it hard to find the exact imformation i need without getting confused.

i have a 1.6 tdi 2012, i want to install criuse controll and digital speedo. i have the cluster that has a clock centre
i understand there are a few options but can anyone give me a list of the parts i will need to achieve this.

i have purchased a vw golf mk5 cruise controll stalk unsure if this will work and am happy to get somethign different if needed.

i just need to know what cluster, steering wheel, stalks, control units i need or dont need to buy.

TIA
dontknowz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Crusie controll and Upgraded cluster

Post by dontknowz »

callan1001 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:26 pm Hey all,

i know this has been covered many times but im finding it hard to find the exact imformation i need without getting confused.

i have a 1.6 tdi 2012, i want to install criuse controll and digital speedo. i have the cluster that has a clock centre
i understand there are a few options but can anyone give me a list of the parts i will need to achieve this.

i have purchased a vw golf mk5 cruise controll stalk unsure if this will work and am happy to get somethign different if needed.

i just need to know what cluster, steering wheel, stalks, control units i need or dont need to buy.

TIA
id look on the mfsw chat that has basically all the info and links on there for cc and mfsw which depending on what wheel you get you'll either need a new swcm (steering wheel control module) or a emulator/ code converter and harness to suit I got quoted 600 for a new mk7 wheel and fitting which is a lot but saves a lot of time and you need vcds for this anyways so that's a cost to consider , clusters are very difficult to do from what I've seen you need to find your immobilizer version and then get the software and make a harness to plug into the new cluster and get the immo key, you have to have vcds and the obd tool to do this as well as make a plug for the new cluster as mentioned i went down the route of trying to do it myself and tbh don't really think its worth it most of the people who do it as a job charge like 350 for a highline cluster and fitting. if you have the basic cluster with mpg/ distance till empty and have a menu button on your stalk or wheel then you can change the country to Australia with vcds or carista and that gives you a digital speedo
Nicklouse
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Nicklouse »

Just sorted this out on my 2011 exBG Maxi.

All I needed was a set of stalks from a Golf cabrio.

2009-2015 VW GOLF MK6 CABRIOLET WIPER INDICATOR CRUISE CONTROL STALK 1K5953507T

No need for any multifunction steering wheel. Just the stalks and coding.

No idea about digital speedo, not needed as my satnav does that and having KMH is needed if you every leave this island.
dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

yeah my bad not my best explanation just wanted to show all the options definitely don't need a new steering wheel for cruise control lol
callan1001
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by callan1001 »

cheers for the input guys,

i have a stalk from a golf,
i have the hex-v2 plug in coming,

just need take the caddy apart to see if i need a new steering controll unit
callan1001
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by callan1001 »

cheers for the input guys,

i have a stalk from a golf,
i have the hex-v2 plug in coming,

just need take the caddy apart to see if i need a new steering controll unit
dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

You can find your swcm part number in vcds if you dont want to take it all apart until you have everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DanielWildx
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DanielWildx »

how do you know if you need to change the SWCM?
dontknowz
100BHP+

Post by dontknowz »

DanielWildx wrote:how do you know if you need to change the SWCM?
You go to the steering wheel talk part of the forum and theres a list from ross tech that has all the swcm part numbers and what they can do listed next to them, if yours says it has cc then you don’t need to change it if it doesn’t then you change it to one that says it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigjayt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Bigjayt »

I've done this on a 2005 caddy but having trouble with the cruise control as mine is and early one it doesn't have the extra wire so all that happens is the light comes on for a split second then goes out. I've also added touran clocks and mfs so get mog and stuff.