Clocks

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
brooneye
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Clocks

Post by brooneye »

Morning all, I’m on the hunt for a set of 3d clocks and was just wondering which ones to go for?

I’ve seen some people are using golf and sirocco ones. Are they the only ones you can use? Which ones do the people in the know recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Clocks

Post by Doc »

Finding a mk6 Golf 3D instrument cluster is next to impossible, they are very rare.
Scirocco 3D instrument clusters are much more abundant but not easy to find, not all the last generation Scirocco had 3D.

Spacewalker would be a good guy to try for possibly a Touran/Tiguan 3D instrument cluster, he seems to have always had a good supply. A Tiguan cluster will require modification for the electronic handbrake but Spacewalker I'm sure will take care of that if he were to sell you one.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Thanks for the quick reply Doc, I’ve been offered a hold mk6 r-line one, does the front casing need swapping for the caddy one or do you need to modify it?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

That is quite a find, those are very rare in 3D form.
The circuit board will transfer into a caddy 2010+ case, you'll just need programming to transfer the immobiliser and service information.
The cases are different for the colour cluster, if you have a case from a non colour Caddy/Touran you might want to trim about 3mm off the left side of the centre display opening, otherwise the display is covered and odometer reading over 99,999 look odd as the first digit is partially covered.

If you do get the mk6 3D cluster, I have a friend who will buy the case as they have a 3D circuit board in a non colour case in a ED35 GTI.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Cheers for this Doc, mines an 05 plate but already has the colour cluster in. Would it be the same process for this one?

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

This currently what I have

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Looks like yours has already been trimmed so you won't have an issue.

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Just another quick one would passat cc ones fit?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Passat clusters are of no use to you, they have a separate immobiliser module.

brooneye
Hyper Poster

Post by brooneye »

Cheers Doc