Front speaker

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Lewis90
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Front speaker

Post by Lewis90 »

Have got a blown door speaker may look at getting tweeters as well anyone share where they got theirs from cheers
1.6tdi waiting for it to go bang for a tfsi lump 8)
GTi seats, 19s 255/35/19 :shock:
Coilovers, egr blank, stage 1 map
Purple 8)
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Front speaker

Post by Lockstock »

Vibe optisound. Comes with a complete kit to either upgrade, or with loom to add tweeters (if your van never had them). Mostly plug and play.

If you know your way around an install, you can buy the Vibe slick 6c component speakers. source the bits yourself and it it works out a little cheaper.

lots of threads with general instructions, and vide on YouTube. I bought the 6c speakers and did it all myself. I think I posted in 'what did you do to your van' with details.

Massive upgrade and sounds excellent off factory headunit.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I got a Audison APK165p set from Amazon a few years back, sound is fantastic but I'm not into loud music. They can go to 240w max so an amplifier is an option if you feel it necessary.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
sugarcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by sugarcaddy »

I fitted ESX QXE-32 speakers on the spot where the tweaters are supposed to be it was a mess getting those in lots of modification of the plastic and airduct underneath and with my 2-din radio i used the signal forr the speakers in the rear(later switched cabels by moddifing the iso harness so these are now front and the door is rear) but if you go for one with less depth its probably easyer to install and then you can have extra speakers instead of just a tweeter probably the Alpine SXE-0825s will fit
Dav02
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Dav02 »

Check out Crown Custom Audio. I bought my door speakers and tweeters from here.
https://www.crowncustomscaraudio.co.uk/ ... k4-caddy-1

Not sure which kit I got now, but the site seems to have more options now.
2016 Caddy Highline. 2.0 TDi 102ps (ReMapped to 180)

Build Thread
Lewis90
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Lewis90 »

Thankyou for all the replys will be looking about now 👍
1.6tdi waiting for it to go bang for a tfsi lump 8)
GTi seats, 19s 255/35/19 :shock:
Coilovers, egr blank, stage 1 map
Purple 8)
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

I don’t have the caddy at the minute but looking to order speakers to minimise downtime once it’s returned. Is 2018 highline swb van likely to have dash tweeters from factory? I have the CarPlay discover media setup
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

I ordered the ones for tweeters in the end & turns out mine had factory wiring & tweeters. Upgraded the speakers but spare harness. Oh well
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
Bgd99
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bgd99 »

Lewis90 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:55 pm Have got a blown door speaker may look at getting tweeters as well anyone share where they got theirs from cheers
what did you end up getting? looking at getting some new ones for mine
Daniel0402
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Daniel0402 »

Bgd99 wrote: what did you end up getting? looking at getting some new ones for mine
I’m running some BLAM 8inch speakers in mine with the tweeters, If I was to do again though would go for the 6.5 in door and a dedicated sub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sprockered
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Sprockered »

Only had my van 2 weeks, noticed straight away there was no bass from drivers side, not investigated further as just expecting the speaker to be blown so ordered a pair of Focal ICVW165 units from fleabay, hopefully will be a big improvement.
dontknowz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by dontknowz »

Dav02 wrote:Check out Crown Custom Audio. I bought my door speakers and tweeters from here.
https://www.crowncustomscaraudio.co.uk/ ... k4-caddy-1

Not sure which kit I got now, but the site seems to have more options now.
Ive also got mine from here comes with everything you need , audsion prima set with tweeters is really good comes with the quad lock harness adapter so its all plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

I used crown too. All nice & easy
Small Town G
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Small Town G »

I got the plug play kit from scr distribution- phoenix golds. Awesome upgrade
Ambrose2KN
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Ambrose2KN »

Theres so many choices really and considering its in a van cab then any majors differences in quality will be negligable.. you can get adequate replacements for 30-40£ but myself am just going staright in with Focal Speakers as they are renowned to be up with the highest quality drivers made. However if its power and loudness you are after then id suggest looking at Pioneer.
1.9TDi 104bhp BLS, Ex-BG LWB Cargo.