Brake system variations??

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dan-87
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Brake system variations??

Post by Dan-87 »

Hi guys, looking for some info regarding different braking system types-and how to identify each system-for my 2009 1.9tdi caddy maxi

I’ve just had to do rear discs and pads and still not sure they are exactly right tbh-took me 2 goes to get the “correct” discs in the end, there seems to be at least 3 different variations of brake system/disc sizes wherever you look, and I’ve seen talk of TRW brake system vs Lucas/Bosch system?
can anyone shed some light on this?

TIA
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Brake system variations??

Post by Doc »

Your 2009 should have TRW on the rear if I remember correctly.
If you search online for "PR decoder", you can find out which code relates to the brakes from your build sticker. The code can then be used to find the correct parts on lllparts or similar sites.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dan-87
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Brake system variations??

Post by Dan-87 »

Thanks mate! I think I’m sorted now, first discs I tried were slightly deeper/taller so actually just fouled the pad carrier, I ended up getting a refund from supplier as they listed them as suitable for my van but when they looked into it they weren’t! Got sorted locally in the end and back on the road!

Onto the next issues now…