1.6 TDI VDO Injector failure root cause analysis

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
nathanjones916
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: 1.6 TDI VDO Injector failure root cause analysis

Post by nathanjones916 »

Ye thats great, that was what I was hoping to hear. Think will just have to go for it and hope for the best, at least with buying new get 2 years guarantee with them.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BenT
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by BenT »

Another day another dud injector for me... This time going down an incline at 50 mph with only slight accelerator pressure. It lost power and stuttered for a few seconds before the glow plug light started flashing. It's the #2 injector, which I replaced with an 03L130277S 2 years (17,000 miles) ago. The injector was second hand, but only 2 years old from the date stamp at the time I bought it so I assume it's managed less than 40 k miles overall. Pants.

Anyway, when I have time I'll hack it apart to try to see what the difference is between this and the B variant. This might give a clue as to the failure cause. Not that it really matters... As a final hack, I'm going to try unscrewing the piezo actuator in-situ and replacing just that, without removing the whole injector, Just to see if it's possible. This would make it a far easier road-side fix.

Meanwhile, my #1 injector's on 165,000 miles now and still going strong. How is this possible?
Simon46
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Simon46 »

Done all 4 with brand new S type no problems for years now
2011 1.6 102ps ex BG
1. remapped to 140 egr delete hyperchips then
2. Remapped to 150 egr delete celtic tuning with EA189 update yuk
3. EA189 Reversal and remapped to 140 egr delete cause its now BROKEN after EA189 YAY
225/40/18 ps3 Santiago wheels
Roof rails sidebars colourcoded mirrors Bumpers roofspoiler
Android dab head unit with passive underseat sub
Van-x glovebox and cruise control and rear barn door interior handle fitted