New to caddy life

Pics from around the web
Jpcaddy2kn
Caddy2k Groupie

New to caddy life

Post by Jpcaddy2kn »

Been into vags my whole life but always golfs and my beloved Audi a4 but I finally pulled the trigger and got a caddy!
It’s being used as a “bike van” and I’m open to any recommendations or modification ideas!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 caddy 2kn TMG build converted to a Bike van
Matto216
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: New to caddy life

Post by Matto216 »

Nice looking van. I'm here for exactly the same reason. MTB/Tentbox adventure van. Got a Golf Estate at the mo and still need a more usable space.
2016 Indium Grey SWB 150bhp.
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

Wow that looks in very condition.

As for carrying bicycles - the usual issue is the potential for damage to the interior. If the van is already ply lined or fitted with a robust plastic floor cover then you probably won't get stressed if/when you need to load wet or muddy bikes inside.

If your van does not have a load area wall, then it is important to really secure the bikes, so that during heavy braking or an accident they won't come flying forward into the front seats.
Jpcaddy2kn
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jpcaddy2kn »

Iv actually got a block pod rail system in already and it solid mounts two bikes in the back! I did have to take that advice about mounting strongly when I put a Moto X bike in the back last weekend! Loving the caddy life so far and the community seem great too! Image Image

kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

Looks mega. I’m in still minds about the bonnet / bug guard but does look smart on yours so helping to sway me
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
Jpcaddy2kn
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jpcaddy2kn »

kryton85 wrote:Looks mega. I’m in still minds about the bonnet / bug guard but does look smart on yours so helping to sway me
I was unsure and I’ll be honest I think it works because it’s the white black contrast? I saw a similar one on a red one and it didn’t quite look the same? But that’s my preference I guess? Image

Jpcaddy2kn
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jpcaddy2kn »

Fresh after a clean this morning… Image

Gogs_101
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Gogs_101 »

Jpcaddy2kn wrote:Iv actually got a block pod rail system in already and it solid mounts two bikes in the back! I did have to take that advice about mounting strongly when I put a Moto X bike in the back last weekend! Loving the caddy life so far and the community seem great too! Image Image

Wow looks amazing in the back, what are the uprated lights you've got in there? Mine at best feels like a dingy medieval prison with the feeble single ceiling bulb

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Jpcaddy2kn
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jpcaddy2kn »

Gogs_101 wrote:Wow looks amazing in the back, what are the uprated lights you've got in there? Mine at best feels like a dingy medieval prison with the feeble single ceiling bulb

I’ll be honest and TMG in Manchester did my base build and then Iv been adding on top so I’m not sure what lighting they’ve put in the ceiling but it is nice having it lit well!

Jpcaddy2kn
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jpcaddy2kn »

That’s the lights and my current set up with helmets and pumps and things all hard mounted to the walls! Proper bike van! Lol

Gogs_101
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by Gogs_101 »

Dead smart that, more lights than my kitchen!