Caddy cut out wont start ?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Corker95
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Caddy cut out wont start ?

Post by Corker95 »

Hi what did you find the problem to be with this and did you find what relay it was for deffonate as I have the exact same problem? Cheers
53ash
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by 53ash »

My friend had the exact same fault. Every now and then if we were say on the motorway the engine would stall and lights would come on the dash. We had to pull over leave the car 10 mins and re try and it drove ok then for a while. He took it to the garage and with the engine running he wiggled the wiring conduit sort of behind/on top of radiator and there was a snapped wire which was causing a short circuit. Have a look there it's worth a chance
sampolish
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by sampolish »

I'd first turn ignition on and listen if fuel pump primes up, next look on the dashboard if glow plug coil light comes on for a second (had my golf gt tdi failed ecu and not controlling the pump- the symptom was every time that coil light was not lit up, I could not start the car- not very likely to happen but I had a lot of troubleshooting to find the problem)
Next step Id pull the codes, which you did already. You can even unplug temp sensor-it sits on the right side of engine block behind termostat housing and computer give more fuel to start.
Aslo you could switch on pump via serial port/bi directional controls, and listen if it works.
Next important test would be to check your relays 87 pin( thats the important one that send power straight to the pump,
Keep us updated.
Corker95
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corker95 »

Right there is no power to the intank pump iv powered the pump and it works. On the code reader its saying 01044 control module incorrectly coded. And cant test the pump with it. There is also 01314 ecm speradic no comunication Iv sent the ecm off to be checked and de imobilised and was nothing wrong with it and still doesnt work. Relays all tested ok etc. any help will be much appreciated. Thanks again.
sampolish
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by sampolish »

Hi, if you pm me your reg, i will check your fuel pump design and try to answer tomorrow
Corker95
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corker95 »

sampolish wrote:Hi, if you pm me your reg, i will check your fuel pump design and try to answer tomorrow
Not sure how to pm you mate but its sk07vpj. Thanks.
Corker95
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corker95 »

So my mate with vag com has sorted it there was a fault on the canbus system so its up and running again
sampolish
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by sampolish »

Thats great mate. Do you know any more of a problem? Was it any of modules that brought can down, shorted wiring or just broken. Info could be useful for someone else with the same problem.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
shanky887614
Hyper Poster

Re: RE: Re: Caddy cut out wont start ?

Post by shanky887614 »

sampolish wrote:Thats great mate. Do you know any more of a problem? Was it any of modules that brought can down, shorted wiring or just broken. Info could be useful for someone else with the same problem.

if you have any problems you should always get it plugged into vcds/vagcom it shows up a lot of useful info

Corker95
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Corker95 »

sampolish wrote:Thats great mate. Do you know any more of a problem? Was it any of modules that brought can down, shorted wiring or just broken. Info could be useful for someone else with the same problem.

No mate I'm afraid not I couldn't find any damaged wiring or anything I'm not 100% sure on what he did all I know is he plugged his laptop in then it was working. Hopefully this could help some one else in the future.
Tonyodonnell
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Tonyodonnell »

Doc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:46 pm Fuel pump relay! Think it's in the engine bay.
I have the same problem started it run between 3 to 5 seconds then cut out unable to start sinse is the relay under the bonnet as there is only standard and mini fuses under the steering wheel and a week before my 4 speed fan stopped blowing i think the heater still works and the AC and circulation light still comes on any advice please email me tonyodonnell47@gmail.com still finding my way around this site .