R32 then upgraded R36 power and 4 motion for my pure grey

Pics from around the web
Darylg21
200BHP+

Re: R32 then upgraded R36 power and 4 motion for my pure grey

Post by Darylg21 »

she will be proud of you mate, that wasn't a 5 min restoration. And you defo gave her the best send off even.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

That’s nice of you to say Dar mate thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

Just read your thread it's an awesome build and an awesome van I did get a bit lost in the middle I thought I'd tuned in to cilla's blind date with Pete and Stedlocks changing the conversation to women but normal service soon resumed
But you and your team have built a totally awesome van which many on the forum will want to copy.
You also have your mk1 truck finished I remember them back in the late 70's a neighbour had one for his business I didn't like them back then but it was a horrible dark blue colour now I'm a lot older they do grow on you nostalgia or something but they look better now than ever
Hopefully if your HEF FEST happens this year I would love to come along and have a look at your vans as I'm an hour away just down the road in Flintshire
Hope you gave your mum a good send off it's always sad when you lose someone close 🙏
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

@Handyandy

Hi Andy, again, thank you too for taking the time to read my garbled thread ... and yes Pete and Pat stedlocks didn’t help in the middle bringing women into the convo ... only kidding of course!

Cheers for the kind words, some aspects have certainly been challenging to say the least but it’s a great drive now with 4 motion and independent suspension all round. Will look at a turbo or charger in due course as the drive train is crying out to be used to it’s full potential I must say!

Yes, being in my mid to late 50’s, I had golf mk1’s in my youth and always liked the caddy mk1 Caddy shape but never seemed to have the time to build one until retirement recently ... and i’m not into buying a restored vehicle as you never know what lurks beneath the shine!

Not looking as if I can manage Hef Fest sadly as things stand now with having lost mum etc but depending on the interest we could possibly consider a later one, October week perhaps springs to mind?

On another note, if you’re only in Flintshire, you’re more than welcome to pop round when things settle a little and have a look at what I get up to in the old chaotic shed of mine lol!

Cheers buddy

Hef

Handyandy
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Handyandy »

Cheers hef I did think with the hef fest it was probably too close to the passing of your mum but only you can decide whether you ready to hold one or not as you say later on in the year or next year that's your decision
in my younger years I liked the mk1 golf's but at the time they were out of my price range I settled for the minis put wider wheels on 3 branch manifold and twin SU and finished off with a peco back box the good old day's when you could put your foot down and if stopped by police they'd just say slow it down boy's it's not a race track and on our way we went but if I'm ever in the area for a day out and you didn't mind call in and meet you and the legendary r36
Beluga blue caddy remapped to 145ish side window and bonnet deflector lowered and 18" calibre rims on 225/40/18
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Ahhh I also had a couple of mini 1275 GT’s, a black and an orange one, great fun, and know the Peco exhaust and twin SU carbs very well! Pumping the old hydrolastic suspension too when it started to sag and yes the coppers were real people in those days!

Yes of course pop in if you’re in the area, I wont be too far from home ever as have a couple if not 3 caddy tfsi conversions to do as well as my own stuff which will keep me well and truly busy and my mind off other things which is a good distraction!

See you soon matey

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

It looks fantastic mate. Nice to see some still in original spec as well as modified. Looking forward to seeing the green one done mate

Rescue me from the swans in me
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Thanks Pete mate, yes, looking forward to having 3 very different Caddys to show next year ... the red, the green and the grey

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

R32 then upgraded R36 power and 4 motion for my pure grey

Post by the swan fiend »

All 3 together will be awesome mate. You’re a 1 man VW show.
I’ve just only now seen the previous pics you posted. You’ve given your dear mum a great send off mate. She will be very proud of you for sure. X

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Ah thank you Pete, means a lot my friend, I know you know how it feels too. God bless buddyx

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Same to you mate.

BradleyB
Twin Turbo poster

Post by BradleyB »

Hi Jeff not been on here for ages
Sorry to hear about your loss mate
Just shed a tear or two reading that u managed to get the caddy finished in time for her send off .
Stunning caddy keep the amazing builds going mate

stevemax8
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by stevemax8 »

awesome van who will be doing the 4 motion conversion
i nave a a3 3.2 sat on my drive but struggling to find some to do conversion
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Thanks mate it’s been done and van is now 4 motion

Hermis
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hermis »

Have you tried installing the mib2 head unit to the car. I’ve been wondering that and i think you installed mk7 speedometer. Just swap the head unit and change the ordinary nav to the upgraded nav and have virtual cockpit?
Last edited by Giddy on Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed irrelevant quote