Toffee delights

Show off your caddy
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Toffee delights

Post by dan@biali »

PPF is self healing though so you won’t see anything once it’s installed. I have all 3 of my vehicles wrapped in ppf (my Hilux is fully covered whereas the other 2 are just bonnets, wings and front bumpers) and you can’t see it plus they’ve had ceramic coatings over the top.
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

That’s interesting to know. I never knew that, always thought it was just the same as wrap film.
May have to look into it when I get my bumper redone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
J_Con
Hyper Poster

Post by J_Con »

Heard some horror stories of people stretching it too much to fit etc but there's a place up here who's got a great reputation. He's spotless_detailing_perth on Instagram does alot of high-end cars if you are up this end again

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Its well worth it. I had a senior moment reversing my Hilux through the gate into the garden and inadvertantly used the corner of the front bumper to push a really heavy cast iron firepit. Jumped out to inspect the damage and thought I'd scratched it, turns out I'd just torn a little piece of the ppf and the paint underneath was perfectly fine. Plus there's evidence of stone chip damage on the plastic splitter of the other car and not a single mark on the ppf. Its much thinner than it used to be so the edges are less visible and it doesn't go yellow anymore. The guy I use is a bit too far away for you but he does a lot of very high end stuff

Can see the scratches here

but then once they warm it up it heals

Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Looks great that Dan.

2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

PPF is different to wrap film.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Toffee delights

Post by Lister79 »

Been plodding away recently on designing myself some new wheels. I struggled to find any actual barrel dimensions or 3D files for the blanks so had to base on measurements I took from my rims. Once I had the basic model I spoke to Rimscarnated to enquire about manufacturing. They wouldn’t supply me with a model for the barrel blank, so I had to hand the final designing over to them. This then led to them making a few changes, mainly the addition of a spoke and mounting ring offset. To be fair they have been great to deal with, as I know I’m a bit of a nightmare customer with specifics, I can imagine their thoughts “oh no, not this t@@t again” Image
The deign is inspired by the Rad48 VR design, which isn’t to a lot of peoples taste (looks like the sun off the Teletubbies), but I like them. I took the spokes leading out to the rim lip, as I think it makes the wheels look small when they don’t. Just need to wait 12-16 week now Image something to look forward to I suppose, plus it’ll give me chance to move on some other wheels in order to pay the £80 for them Image.

Final render

Offside

Nearside

In work

Build thread:
J_Con
Hyper Poster

Post by J_Con »

Didn't know which company did this, this is gonna open an expensive can of worms wheels look nice, good luck being patient!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Is that your work on Inventor?! And I thought I was nuts :lol: Do the wheel company do any stress and strain analysis to make sure they're a safe design? Bet they still end up cheaper than my last set of ADV1s......................
Danwatts18
100BHP+

Post by Danwatts18 »

Woohoo custom wheel gang 😝
DWAUTOMOTIVE
Vehicle Tracking ~ Security ~ Modifications ~ Dash Cams ~ Wiring
Autowatch Ghost MetaTrak ScorpionTrack SmarTrack AirliftPerformance Intermotiv Rotiform Wheels
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Yeah it’s my work Dan. I carried out FEA on my original design prior to handing it over, and they also completed it for the final design. I wouldn’t be going ahead with it otherwise.
I’m that bad I even done calculations for my chassis notch to ensure strength remained unaffected (hence the side plates), even then I very nearly didn’t do it due to the change it potentially poses in the event of a collision and compaction of the crumble zone.

Build thread:
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I guessed you probably would have, interesting to hear the wheel company have done it as well. Always wondered how much effort the wheel companies put in behind the scenes but I suppose with modern 3d design programs its a built in function to be able to run FEA so its just a button press or 2 - gone is the day when we had to do the Youngs Modulus calculation on paper and input huge amounts of data into a dedicated linux based piece of software and leave it running overnight only to discover the program had crashed through the night or you'd put a decimal place in the wrong place!
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

Luckily I’ve never had to experience that, or I’d be even balder than I am . Thankfully things have progressed considerably and like you say a few clicks and a short wait and it’s done. Makes changes very easy.

Build thread:
Dav02
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Dav02 »

Smart, and impressive work, gives the van a whole new 'one off build/look'
And cheap too! £80! :lol:

However I'm not sure on the gold. Can't say that's for me. But I guess it will match the Yellow accents the van has. Maybe........
Did you photoshop them on a photo of the van for a look. See how they matched up?
2016 Caddy Highline. 2.0 TDi 102ps (ReMapped to 180)

Build Thread
Lister79
Hyper Poster

Post by Lister79 »

The gold will look right against the brown and yellow, the one in the renders is a bit brighter to what they will actually be done in. The wheels will be ceramic polished with a gold tinted lacquer over the top so like a light mirror gold really.
I done a basic photoshop but it was just using my render so didn’t have the callipers behind so looked a bit naff.

Build thread: