Swan’s caddy build

Show off your caddy
C Chis
Hyper Poster

Re: Swan’s caddy build

Post by C Chis »

That looks a good job Pete!

I’ll look him up as I’m thinking of having mine redone.

And I like the gear kind too, matching stitching!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 pre-facelift Mk3 3.2 VR6 : Touran Interior : 3D Premium Clocks : R32 Bumper : Climatic A/C

My VR6 Build Thread and Details can be Found Here
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Cheers Colin. Yeah I’m a fan of red stitching on black, It’s a pretty good match I thought too.

I’m sure he’d take a wheel sent in the post mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Sean1066
Hyper Poster

Post by Sean1066 »

That looks awesome there Peter.
Very nice indeed
Caddy maxi 3.2 VR6 EX BG

My build thread
https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic ... 13&t=36851
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Cheers Sean. It’s all getting fitted on 18th Feb. I’ll also be getting it remapped at the same time.

RY_VW
Twin Turbo poster

Post by RY_VW »

Nice work going on recently swan, looks good 8)
63 plate 1.6tdi startline in reflex silver
Colour coded-Audi s3 alloys-Seat leon seats-Van style roof rails-Needle sweep-cruise control.
RCD330-lowered on kw stx coilovers
More to follow 8)
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Cheers mate. I’m made up with how it’s looking these days. It’ll be due a minor service in the next few weeks, once I’ve done that I’ll probably make a decision on what I’m going to do with the engine cover I bought a while back…..I’m thinking of spraying that and the scuttle panel the same colour as the van. I’ve also got Touran carpets to fit, but I’ll leave that till the weather picks up.

After that, I’d like to get a Touran dash and door cards, may leave that till next year though, give me something to look forward to!

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I had a drive over to DubUnit today to have a remap done and to have a MFSW and cruise control fitted by Doc……unfortunately not all went to plan. Firstly, it turns out one of my injectors was on its last legs and couldn’t deliver the extra fuel needed, so the remap couldn’t be uploaded. Next was a broken ribbon in my second hand SWCM!
I also had a new key made by Doc which is spot on (or boss…….Doc’s favourite word Image)

Next plan is to get a new injector and SWCM and head back over to DubUnit to get everything finished. Fortunately, I made it back to Liverpool on 3 1/2 injectors!

Thanks Doc and Matt for the work done so far ImageImage

Geedub
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Geedub »

Looking good mate, I do like them seats and I need to get a steering wheel like that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Swan’s caddy build

Post by the swan fiend »

Cheers mate. Yeah the red stitching and the red in the tartan ties it all together. I’m made up with how it looks

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I gave the van an oil and filter change today so that’ll be good to go for another year. Fuel, air and cabin filters where changed last year so they’ll get done next year.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Swan’s caddy build

Post by the swan fiend »

Next mods on the list are an inner handle for my barn door and bolts and o ring for my engine cover. I’ve ordered all these bits today.
The plan is to colour code the engine cover, scuttle panel and maybe a few other bits too. I’ll probably get a battery box and do that too. No idea how they will turn out as I’ve got hardly any spraying experience…….time will tell!

J999YYL
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by J999YYL »

the swan fiend wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:23 pm I had a drive over to DubUnit today to have a remap done and to have a MFSW and cruise control fitted by Doc……unfortunately not all went to plan. Firstly, it turns out one of my injectors was on its last legs and couldn’t deliver the extra fuel needed, so the remap couldn’t be uploaded. Next was a broken ribbon in my second hand SWCM!
I also had a new key made by Doc which is spot on (or boss…….Doc’s favourite word Image)

Next plan is to get a new injector and SWCM and head back over to DubUnit to get everything finished. Fortunately, I made it back to Liverpool on 3 1/2 injectors!

Thanks Doc and Matt for the work done so far ImageImage

That flat bottom looks great! Did it take much to get it to work? Got a golf r 7 steering wheel going in soon.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Swan’s caddy build

Post by the swan fiend »

Cheers mate. To get it working in my 2011 van with a basic wheel as standard, a change of SWCM to one that supports MFSW was needed, plus coding.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Swan’s caddy build

Post by the swan fiend »

Well today hasn’t been the greatest of days van wise. It went in today for a new number 2 injector and apparently that flew out. Number 1 however was seized solid resulting my mechanic having to get a slide hammer on it to remove it. He pre warned me that this might break it and it did so I now need yet another one. He’s put a 2nd hand one in from another van to get me going, but obviously needs it back.

He also mentioned that the one from PF Jones came in a Continental box and was sceptical of its quality as it was awkward to get the deviation right. It’s been sorted but it knocks a bit he said.
I’ve found out and let him know that Siemens/VDO/Continental are one company and have also been told by PF Jones that the injectors they supply are indeed the same as VW use…….I thought I’d mention this in case anyone else has the same concerns.

I also mentioned that lots of people report knocking in the first 100-150 miles and it should clear up so he is happy to return it to me for now.

Rant/essay over!

P.S. I also bought a new airbag harness for my MFSW today that I didn’t know I needed………Thanks Doc. You are a gent.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

This morning after work, my sliding door lower roller failed. So today I’ve ordered a new roller assembly and underlay strip to protect the body of the van.

It’s been an expensive few weeks, Van wise. So once these bits are done, the van is going to have to take a back seat for a while as I’m also doing DIY at home and I’ve got a holiday to pay for…….first world problems eh?