Swan’s caddy build

Show off your caddy
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Swan’s caddy build

Post by the swan fiend »

I got them from a place called Shore Vans. It was about £17 for 10 meters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Bgd99
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Bgd99 »

the swan fiend wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:40 pm Next, came a new gear gaiter and handbrake cover, both from eBay. Soon after came a silver handbrake button from TPS. The bloke in there knows me now, as I’ve bought a few bits.....new third brake light, barn door hinge. No doubt there’ll be more to buy!! ImageImage

Do you havethe kinkw for the gator and handbrake cover ive order some and mine dont fit as nicely as they do
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I got the handbrake cover from JF customs on eBay. I got the gear gaiter and knob from seller on eBay too. Can’t remember who as it was years ago.
I’d imagine you could get something similar still.

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

I gave the van a full service today, oil and filter plus air, fuel and cabin filters.
Good to go for another 6 months (I’m on 6 month oil changes now)
I had an issue when changing the fuel filter, I use a turkey baster to remove the fuel from the housing, then check for the dreaded swarf in the bottom, swap the filter then pour the fuel back in and prime 3 times before starting the engine, usually resulting in starting first time. This time however I forgot to put the fuel back in and after starting, the engine cut out and wouldn’t start. A few more attempts at priming and it started and ran ok.
Lesson learnt. Take your time Peter!!

the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Bit of an update/rant this one:

So the van went back in to have the bumper blended into the wings, I thought they’d just repaint the bumper but they’ve had to do the wings too (£400 for the wings) so it turned into a £700 job.
I’ve picked up the van today and it looks good colour wise, but I’ve noticed some exposed metal at the bottom of the A pillars where it folds down into the gap between that and the wing. I should take it back but I’m at the point where I don’t really trust them so I’m gonna mask it up, prime and get some spray paint in there with a bit of lacquer. Don’t want rust developing at a later date.
I’ll be looking round for another paint shop should I need one in future.

Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Adwano »

That's an annoying one having to put a paint shops work right yourself but sounds like it'll be a better job. Used a garage in Haydock a few times Imperial garage and always done a good job for me spraying in wings and touching up if you do need another at some point
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster

Post by the swan fiend »

Yeah, it shouldn’t take a layman to point out a professional’s mistake.
Good to know about the place in Haydock, thanks for that. I’m only over in Aintree so I’m not that far from there.