All seats that fit a Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: All seats that fit a Caddy

Post by kryton85 »

I see no issue with the steering airbag as the height difference between both bases is nominal (15mm - 20mm at a guess). Also the steering wheel would be the same height to seat ratio after the change as it would be in touran so still as VW designed it (albeit not in the van derivative)

Seat is same as in any other car just done twice so just a case of put it all the way to undo the front 2 bolts, move all the way forward to undo the rear 2 bolts, then undo the 4 bolts in the base. Best remove battery cables before undoing airbag connectors as it will bring a light on the dash which will need clearing afterwards if not. Which also raises the point that whatever seats you put in will need the harness from the car modified to accommodate whatever seats you put in it.

This is all covered on the forum anyway & theres a couple of guys that will produce harnesses to take whatever seats you like
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Adwano »

Just curious what does everyone do with their old seats that are taken out the caddy? I’ve got a front set sat around.

Are they worth anything selling with caddy bases?
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

Mine are in a stock pile of car parts from many cars (including 9 other seats) that I keep procrastinating about listing on a certain online auction platform. Last few things ive listed seem to attract idiots, hence the delay. You could use on a driving simulator or make some lounge furniture top gear style if you're feeling creative
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
Coffeeaddikkt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Coffeeaddikkt »

Tried moving the seats from a dead tour an into the new to me Caddy,
But the airbag and seatbelt connectors are all different!

Anyone got a guide to getting the wires correct in the new van? Don’t care too much about the touran Image
Pic from the caddy, looks like an older system than the older touran has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poffe
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Poffe »

I need some advise. Probably not technically, more of a subjective advice xD

I have to sellers relatively close by that sells front seats that I actually think would be worth the money. One set from Audi A4 B9 S-line and one set from an Skoda VRS.

Which set would you go for and why?
A4:

VRS:

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Caddy Maxi - daily and camper build
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

IMO, personally, the "S" looks better
more fitting and soft / subtle nod and more similar to your existing interior compared the the heavy black colour
the styling looks better and probably genuine leather, harder wearing
the seat extension looks cool too - might be nice for pax comfort

as for will they work / fit, no idea

keep us updated
Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

stu_b wrote:IMO, personally, the "S" looks better
I think that I agree with you… although I think that the VRS ones are cooler, they don’t exactly look like premium seats.
stu_b wrote: as for will they work / fit, no idea
I’m very sure they will fit on Touran bases, and electrically I’ll just have to make them work

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Caddy Maxi 1.6 TDI -2014. First time VW/Caddy owner, already deep in the rabbit hole

Poffe
100BHP+

Post by Poffe »

S-Line seats were unfortunately sold until I got back from my skiing trip.

So I bought the VRS ones and they will do for now. Maybe I’ll trade up in the future.

Now I’ll just have to find the proper connectors so that I can solder an adaptor harness.

Any one know the numbers of the connectors found on the seats of a caddy with heated seats?

I have found the numbers on the connectors attached to the VRS seats.
8E0972710, 1J0973119, 8K0973754.
Those will fit into 7L0972762, 1J0973332, 8K0972994.

Sent from my Nokia 3310