All seats that fit a Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Lockstock
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: All seats that fit a Caddy

Post by Lockstock »

read the thread, it's asked an answered a lot 🤣.
to save you a little time... older VW polo, seat Ibiza and Skoda fabia seats should fit onto your existing caddy bases.

All the good seats from the Golf, S3 and other higher spec models will have bolt spacing for the Touran seat bases.

My advice, buy some Touran bases for £80 and then you can fit almost any VAG group seats. if you can remove a seat, you can remove the seat bases even faster 👍
Next18
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Next18 »

Is it possible to install heated seats and what would be needed for it ? Is a 2009 caddy
kryton85
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by kryton85 »

Wow there’s a lot of people asking the same questions lol

I don’t think this one’s been covered though (I did read all posts & use search function honest). 2018 caddy bases, are they the same as earlier years? Trying to buy some touran bases & all the listings say suitable to 2016 for caddy bar one that says to 2020. I’m going to assume the 2020 one is correct as I imagine the floor pan is the same as earlier models but if someone could confirm, it would be appreciated.
Cheers
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

I’ve just fitted some S5 super sports on a set of Touran bases from SRS automotive on eBay, my van is a 2019 so you should be fine fitting touran bases in an 18.
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

Cool thanks. I bought some touran bases fit perfectly. Just need to find where I chucked my tt seats now
Last edited by kryton85 on Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy MK4 highline. Scirocco heated leather with electric lumbar & full elec drivers seat. ESP/ ASC button & coded. TPMS button & coded (ABS version). Carpet & insulation rear & Touran front carpet. Custom bulkhead. Tints. Front splitter. Side bars. 197hp map (on rolling road). Bi-xenons. Wireless charger. Laser grill led lights. Ambient lighting. Coilovers. Colour coded bump strips. Reverse camera. Front & rear sensors
bltay0238
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by bltay0238 »

what about a 2017 caddy life anyone idea on straight swaps for this ?
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

i assume they will go straight in as from same vehicle albeit one with windows
tim04
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by tim04 »

Is there anywhere else I should be looking for seats other than eBay? Any decent seats advertised by breakers seem to be really expensive. Ideally I'm looking for Audi S3 seats in good condition; what would be a reasonable price to pay?
kryton85
100BHP+

Post by kryton85 »

depends if auction or buy it now, what time auctions end, quality of description, what style seats etc. I've had some right bargains on auctions that end at silly times like 3am on a wednesday. Sunday night auctions always get more money.
Audi wingbacks will be 1500 on a good day, 3000 if rare colour & mint, audi pole positions 1000 - 2000. Generic more sporty seats start at about 200 - 300 (passat cc, gti, older gen s3 recaro trendlines etc). I would budget 300-500 depending on exactly what you're after for a decent upgrade & its often cheaper to search for interior & get stuck with door cards & rear seats than it is to search for just front seats. I MIGHT sell my highline seats with brand new covers (leather of some sort or faux, with green stitching) when I get round to fitting the Scirocco seats. Job for over xmas
You could also try parts sections on some of the other vag forums. I used to have a Galant VR4 & parts were always significantly less on the lancer forums than on galant specific ones as the parts were perceived as more common over there
gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

@tim, few years ago I got good condition front rs3 seats, heated, manual adjustment for £400 off ebay

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Adwano
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Adwano »

Worth looking through eBay and if you find a set you like usually from a company add them to your watch list and put them in your basket and if you’re lucky you’ll get an offer from the seller after a couple days. I saved £200 from the offer on the set I put in mine 690 down to 490 for front and rears.

Facebook marketplace can be worth a look sometimes but usually is chaos between scams and people wanting mega money
tim04
Caddy Fan

Post by tim04 »

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Will step up the search in the new year!
Gixer375
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Gixer375 »

I installed Golf mk07 seats in mine... £300 from ebay breakers delivered, in as near to new condition as I have seen.

the seats took some modding but they fit just fine.... much more comfort than standard seats.

the install is in the thread 'what have you done to your caddy today' page 1006

hope that helps with some inspiration.
PeakyPaul
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Post by PeakyPaul »

Whatever question I have there seems to be a topic on here for it! :-) (P.S. I'm new lol)

I want to keep the seats VW as I like the OEM plus type of look so Audi seats don't really float my boat so I'm currently in the market.

Having read through this thread I noticed a post saying the Touran bases raise the height of the seat......I couldn't see questions specifically for this and please forgive me if this is somewhere else on the forum, as I haven't got full access yet.

Does the seats being higher present any issues?

Headroom seems good and I'm guessing as the side airbags are in the seat then from a safety point of view that would be ok, but what about the front airbag?

Knees against the steering wheel - how much higher would the seats be?

Thanks
Coffeeaddikkt
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Coffeeaddikkt »

Does anyone have a link to a good clear How-To video I can follow to move front row seats from an '05 touran into a '59 Caddy?