Post by Simon_B »

Looking tidy mate.
Mk4 Highline 2.0 TDI.
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Sarbs mk4 daily *speakers*

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Motexion bulkhead with the glass removed and replaced with 18mm ply.
Also added some wooden battens in the mouldings to help stiffen it up as the bass will make it shake and rattle.
All wood carpered black.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Mark_M3
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Sarbs mk4 daily *speakers*

Post by Mark_M3 »

Very clean look that 👌
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Re: Sarbs mk4 daily (insta= Teamhzaddiction)

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Last job on the cabin was to change the wrap on the panel. Went for a crushed/forged carbon look in satin. Looks alot better than the cheap gloss carbon wrap that was on it before. Image

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

I feel the geometry of lowered caddys is miles away from being useful. The bump steer and roll centre is way off making it shit really. So to combat that I have got a load of bits to hopefully make it better.

Aluminium subframe,
Mk2 audi tt aluminium arms with adjustable ball joints,
Golf HD console bush's,
Mk3 audi tt aluminium hubs,
Mk3 audi tt inner and outer tie rods,
A pair of new wheel bearing,
Lots of new nuts and bolts,
And some rs3 style brake ducts (because race van lol) they are on the wrong way in the pics. They should be on top of the arms.

Hopefully, this is all I need, I'll try and get it all on before the year is out. ImageImageImageImageImage

Simon_B
100BHP+

Post by Simon_B »

Love this, should be a massive improvement mate.
Mk4 Highline 2.0 TDI.
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

Loving the audio install, bet that rocks out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Pipercross air filter and snow guard removed. Don't think it has made a difference, but any excuse to buy bits for the van ImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

As the clocks have now changed I decided I would start this Sunday with a wash for the van and put my 20s back on. As I put the van on the floor I heard something fall off. Front n/s lock ring on the coilover fell off. And the adjuster ring above is missing ⅕ of it. So fair to say this has been broken a while by the corrosion. So now to order some bits and get this front suspension overhauled.
Ordered a whitline front arb as they have a sale on. Found a code online to get a little more off. Be silly not to while I have this front all stripped down. ImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Stripped the broken coilover down to inspect the damage. Not too bad on the threads they will still work with some attention. I gave them a quick clean and I think they are OK.
The spring seat and lock ring however is just corroded and falling apart. I suspect the finishing on them has failed and allowed the salt etc to just eat at them. Abit concerning as only done about 25k on them.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Here is a quick look at what I am hoping to gain with this hub conversion.
Around 40mm drop in lower ball joints position to help correct the centre roll after lowering.
And around 30mm drop in the steering ball joint position to reduce/correct the bump steer issues with lowered caddys.
More crude measurements, and I will bring some scales to the unit and weigh all the components to see how much they differ to follow. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Re: Sarbs mk4 daily

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Got the steel sunframe out and on the bench next to the aluminium one.
Swapped the inner and outer tie rods over to the tt ones.ImageImageImageImageImage

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Sarbs mk4 daily **front suspension overhaul in progress**

Post by Doc »

I'm interested to see how this goes and how you feel about the traction and geometry after it's all done.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Doc wrote:I'm interested to see how this goes and how you feel about the traction and geometry after it's all done.
Hopefully It all fits and works properly.
I am sure I'll see you at Dubunit, your more than welcome to try it out when it's done.

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Had fun today. All the parts I needed turned up nice and early this morning so I got to work.
New coilover seats are bigger and have more threads than the old ones. The mk3 tt hubs have a bigger bolt than than caddy so i had to chop the tab on the shocker to allow it to fit.
Whiteline front arb, they show the mk4 caddy with a mk7 golf fitment on the website. I had my suspicions it was wrong, so i ordered an early model bar and that was the correct fitment.
You can see from the pics where the wider track comes from. The hub to shock fitting is 15mm further out. The lower arms are the same distance from inner bolt to the first ball joint mount hole. The width at the bottom is from the ball joint plate being longer on the tt.
All fitted back together and you can see the extra room under the arb, normally lowered caddys have next to no clearance.
I got the van on the ground and tried to drive out of the garage only to be met with a million lights on the dash. Turns out the mk3 tt uses ABS sensors that work differently compared to the caddys system. I got the caddy sensors out of the old hubs, they were a different size and orientation to the bolt down hole. I managed to make a spacer and some bodge washers to hold it at the correct height and orientation. It is a bodge but it works for now. I will try and find a more suitable solution to this.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Sabbunsingh on Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.