Sarbs mk4. *folding mirrors*

Show off your caddy
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Sarbs mk4 daily **front suspension overhaul in progress**

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Eye balled the tracking on the ground. Checked all the wheels bolts and went out for a quick wang through the industrial estate. Some nice corners and curves so plenty of fun to be had.
Surprisingly the van drive straight with a very slight pull to the left.
Initial impressions. I need to roll my front wings as it catches.
The turn in is definitely better.
Mid corner steering adjustments are more precise. It actually grips.
The front arb is keeping things flatter. I have it on softest setting and will experiment with it once it's all set up.
On the way home I did a blast down a bumpy dual carriage way (small detour to my route) and the van stayed straight over bumps at speed. The bump steer has definitely been sorted, it feels as stable as my standard a45 amg.
Tomorrow it will get put on a ramp and alignment sorted.
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

looks Sick AF
nice work
congrats on your achievements
now for some fine tuning
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

stu_b wrote:looks Sick AF
nice work
congrats on your achievements
now for some fine tuning
Thank you. All the hours reading other people's posts on forums and watching youtube has paid off for me.

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Final bits on the front done today.
Rs3 brake cooling ducts. I have had the brakes over heat twice in summer while having a spirited evening thrash.
Rolled the front arches and set a ride height that looked good to me. I set drivers side 4mm higher to compensate for me being in the van.
Before and after an alignment. Set it to standard caddy toe.
When I get more time I will set camber to be more equal. Also need to shift the rear axle a touch.
Went out for a 25 mile round trip to see matt at dubunit for a coffee and test the new ride.
Very happy with how it performs, just need a good dry day now to really test it. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

I have been getting a creaking noise from the front. Seems that after everything has had some time to settle a few noises have appeared.
3 of the subframe rear bolts were not as tight as they should of been. Maybe an oversight on my side. Maybe the deadset kit has crushed in a little Image
Anyway all torqued up to spec and no noises.
Here are some pics of my van.
ImageImage

86drift
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by 86drift »

Interesting suspension mod indeed👌.
Did the caddy brakes bolt onto the TT hubs and what's the difference between using Mk2 and Mk3 TT hubs/track rods, as you've used the Mk2 lwr arm
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

86drift wrote:Interesting suspension mod indeedImage.
Did the caddy brakes bolt onto the TT hubs and what's the difference between using Mk2 and Mk3 TT hubs/track rods, as you've used the Mk2 lwr arm
Brakes are the same fitment. I have s3 on mine. Only difference is longer bolts are needed when using aluminium hubs.
The mk3 tt hubs use a better geometry for the mounting points of then lower ball joint and track rod.

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

I have had some carpet since lockdown. I had some spare time so I lined the back ply and wheel tubs. Also the roof panel got covered and the lower back door panels.
I also fitted a lot of sound deadening to the exterior panels and floornin the back. The bass makes it all vibrate. Also added lots of expanding foam to some voids in the main cabin to help with noise and vibration where I cannot fit deadening.ImageImageImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

2 little changes to the rear. One is obvious the other a little more subtle. ImageImage

Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Re: Sarbs mk4.

Post by Sabbunsingh »

I have had the mirrors on for a while and not had the right module to make them power fold. After abit of research I see people use gen 3 max modules off scirroco or passat cc with 'a' suffix prt no.
2 problems with these. 1st the window drops slightly when door is open as the cars are framless windows. 2nd is can only modify eprom with vcp which I do not have.
B7 passat have gen 4 modules and they can be played with adaptation channels on vcds. They don't have the frameless window drop, and the pinouts are same as gen 3.
Found some on ebay for a reasonable price with 'a' price no. so fully capable of all options.
Fitted modules with motors as they came and got out the laptop.
Firstly, windows worked in reverse.
Secondly the mirror adjustment was all in the wrong directions from the switch.
Also needed to be told to power fold on the key.

So started with basic long coding using the helper. Indicators turned off, rear doors off and power fold turned on.

Now the adaptations.
Drivers door
Security access, then find system_parameter_14.

Factory code 74 E0 1E E4 00 00 00 00 00 etc

Byte 0, 74 to 7F changed window switch direction to correct way

Byte 1, E0 to E5 fold mirror on key and open on ignition.
Or
Byte 1, E9 fold mirror on key and open on drivers door open after unlock.

Byte 2, 1E to E4 changes mirror adjustment to caddy switch
Byte 3, E4 to B1 changes mirror adjustment to caddy switch

Final code in second pic.

Then I did passenger module and all I did was window reversal

Security access, then find system_parameter_14.

Byte 0, 7F to 74 changed window direction

This was all done with reading online posts and trying codes. Alot of trial and error and about 2hrs of head scratching.

It all seems to work perfectly on my van.
Windows and comfort closing with switch.
Windows and power fold mirrors on the key.
Power open mirrors when unlocked and drivers door opened.

ImageImage

fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Sarbs mk4. *folding mirrors*

Post by fishynos72 »

Thank you for the last post.

I've a set of folding mirrors fitted myself, but had the same concerns about eos/scirocco modules-

Need to see if they suit my older van.
How many is too many Volkswagens?
Call-Me-Az
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Call-Me-Az »

Just had a good read through this, great write up! Have been doing a bit of research into the folding mirrors for mine but wasn’t too sure exactly what was involved so appreciated the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Good evening,

Just wanted to confirm before I take the plunge- based off your VCDS screen shot I should be buying

3C0959702A

&

3C0959701A

Thanks
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

fishynos72 wrote:Good evening,

Just wanted to confirm before I take the plunge- based off your VCDS screen shot I should be buying

3C0959702A

&

3C0959701A

Thanks
No part numbers start with 3AA

fishynos72
200BHP+

Post by fishynos72 »

Sabbunsingh wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:19 pm No part numbers start with 3AA

Apologies, muscle memory.
I literally read your screenshot and still typed 3c0.

Herp a derp