Bagged, Trimmed, Recaro'd, Stanced and Golf R Swapped MK4

Show off your caddy
kuldesjokk
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Bagged, Trimmed, Recaro'd and Stanced MK4

Post by kuldesjokk »

Amazing project!

I tried looking for it, but what bases have you installed the recaros on?
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Great bit of progress…
MJB Autos
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by MJB Autos »

Amazing Project! 8)
Chrissword93
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Chrissword93 »

Joined the forum today and this is the first build I’ve read and daaaaayumn what a build it is man
Danwatts18
100BHP+

Post by Danwatts18 »

Sooo

It's finally finished. But i'll do this bit step by step.

Since last post, I was hiding a lot of the work, For the big reveal.

Engine bay got smoothed. Wiring all tucked and hidden. Legs welded up and filled.

Then painted... Yes by me and a friend. In a big green tent on my drive aha

Engine went in finally. Revo mounts added that were powder coated silver rather than the factory black anodising

Then i was stuck waiting for some stuff to arrive. So cracked on with a little project. Custom screen wash bottle, no one will ever notice it but i wanted it a bit more hidden in the engine bay but still functional

Next up, i've had a Alltrack Grill badge for ages and planned to do this about 2 years ago. Just never ever got round to it. I had TaylorMadeDecals make me a Gel badge with my company logo.

Then my BCS/Powervalve Ceramic coated downpipe arrived, I cracked on and got it fitted straight away

I was then paranoid about my driveshafts. The Manual drivers side fitted, but seemed to have no movement in it. Which concerned me as they normally have some movement in and out. So ordered a second hand DSG shaft. Turns out i was right and the DSG shaft was smaller!

Due to being a Smoothed/Shaved bay, I lost the coolant bottle for a neater look. So ordered some snazzy parts from the US. In-Line filler and recovery tank. This system is used on my Evo and a lot of jap cars, so i knew it would work. I also used it about 5 years ago when i smoothed a S3 Engine bay.

Now the most expensive bits of hose i've ever bought it my life arrived. Full Aeroquip AC lines. Again because it was a tucked bay, i lost AC pipes. But wanted to keep full functionality. Making these was good fun, Expensive. But fun.

Now the engine was in and pretty much there, I started building the interior back up, Traction & Tyre reset buttons added.

Once those were done, It was time for my new interior to go in. No one knew about this, apart from Lister. I've wanted this trim ever since i saw the Mk8R interior but getting the fabric had been a nightmare. But when it was released, I spoke to AMX Performance in Poland who retrimmed my front seats and rear seats in the fabric along with Nappa Leather and Alcantara. I also decided to add the "Recaro Loops" into the rears this time to tie it all together

I then decided i didn't like the Red Revo mounts, so the rubbers have been painted Blue. This won't last but currently in touch with a company who are going to make them properly for me, But for now, They're Evo Ruri Blue and holding up ok haha. I also added ARP Polished bolts to all the mounts

At this point, i decided the Red front and rear Porsche brakes needed to go, So had them Refurbished in Prismatic 2Stage Powdercoat. I then decided to cut my new Porsche stickers with a twist and add a Mk8 'R' to the logo

Then the van left the garage under it's own steam, Still a few bits to fit but it moved!

And then it was time for photos and all the engine bay complete. At the same time as my Alltrack badge. I had TaylorMade make me an engine cover insert and new style R logo for the engine cover.

After this. It was time to risk it all, After barely driving it. I took the plunge and drove it to Silverstone where it was placed on FastCarMagazine stand and picked up a Top 10 Award an hour after being parked up! In total shock!

And finally, Had some nice photos taken by my good friend Ben Macrae showing off a few bits and pieces.
DWAUTOMOTIVE
Vehicle Tracking ~ Security ~ Modifications ~ Dash Cams ~ Wiring
Autowatch Ghost MetaTrak ScorpionTrack SmarTrack AirliftPerformance Intermotiv Rotiform Wheels
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

Great built and you will win more prices for sure with your caddy!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Wow. Another level of craftsmanship gone into this.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

You've really created something special with this, truly unique and your award was well deserved.
I look forward to seeing this up close some day.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

Holy moly, a van has no business being that impressive.

This BTW

is stunning and I hope to see more of it. you details work is fantastic inspiration.
How many is too many Volkswagens?
Lister79
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Lister79 »

Well done Dan, it looks stunning. I’ll look forward to seeing it at somepoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Toffee Brown with EA888 Gen 3 2.0 TSi (CJX) engine (417.5 BHP 545 Nm), Grinds/ABP air suspension and a few other mods :D
Build thread:
http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=36629
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Someone once said to me the only thing I could do to mine to ‘finish’ it was to smooth the bay and I thought, why there’s not much on show. How wrong I was! Phenomenal work and well worth all the countless hours that must have gone into this.
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

This is really something mate. Well done on a top quality build.

Rescue me from the swans in me
R22LRM
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by R22LRM »

So impressed with this build

R22LRM
Mk5 Tfsi powered
ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

stunning!
Simon_B
100BHP+

Post by Simon_B »

Special build this.

Perfection mate, truly well done!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Mk4 Highline 2.0 TDI.